• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undo doesn't affect preview

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe After Effects 2015.0.1 - ver. 13.5.1.48, so it's up to date.

Issue is as it follows:

While making anything in a composition -w hen I hit crtl+z (or choose undo from menu-edit) it does work - technically - but there is some preview problem. For example:

I make a solid square, then i move it to right, and again, and again. So we have 4 steps (create, move, move, move). So let's say I'm on the last step and the square is on the right. Then i hit undo. What I get is... the layer is still in the same position, but bounding box actually goes back to the step 3 (correct reaction!).

So while undoing, the visual material stays at it's place, and a bounding box moves as it should.

Please, help as soon as possible.
Adrian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

The After Effects CC 2015 (13.6.1) bug-fix update is available. It fixes several bugs, including the one being discussed on this thread.

Details: http://adobe.ly/1QqMMc6

Let us know how things work after you have installed the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 127 Replies 127
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it stay there if you wait like a minute? Or does it update after some time? Because that is what happens with me. The refresh of the composition panel is really really really slow... It looks like a cache problem. Just wondering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it stay there if you wait like a minute? Or does it update after some time?

It stays the same untill I relaunch Ae. After that i got proper preview as it should look like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it stay there in the wrong spot even if other changes to it are made?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it stay there in the wrong spot even if other changes to it are made?

Unfortuanetely, yes, it's still. Manipulating, moving, adding effects - that doesn't work at all.

What can be cause of this? It's rather a bug, or something different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Undo is technically working in the composition, but not updating in the preview.

The only way I can get what ever I undid to update in the preview is to the apply whatever I changed directly to the layer... or just restart. For example: if I move an object from position A to position B then hit undo, the object still shows it is at position B in the preview, even though the position properties in the timeline show it is at position A. I can only fix this by manually re-entering position A into the position properties even though it already says it is in position A.

This really bogs down the speed of the work flow, so whoever solves this problem gets supreme master of the universe status!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you zoom in and out real quick? Like, change the resolution AND magnification of your comp panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately wasn't the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you purge the cache, does that correct it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem. Nothing fixes it except re-opening the project. Has any progress been made to correct this? It's made After Effects also unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2015 Nov 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some fixes in this area in the update scheduled for release at the end of this month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the most recent update, and the problem persists. I can't undo any action, and see the changes in preview. This is kind of a serious issue, it makes it extremely hard to work.

Windows 10 64 bit

i7-6700k

32GB DDR4 2800

Nvidia 980 Ti

Main drive SSD

Cache Drive SSD

Conformed Media SSD

Media storage RAID 0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time you undo, no matter what action you've done, the undo isn't reflected in your composition panel? And this is with 13.6?

What about a brand new project, brand new composition, and a single shape layer in the comp and nothing else in the project? Move it's position then undo. Does that still not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The end of the month...so much for fast updates with going to the cloud.  The program can't be used like this and now I have to spend time rolling it back.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that purging works but this all massively slows you down. It's a huge issue and I can't wait until the end of the month to use undo. Can you ctrl + z an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, I've spent the day purging cache to get back the right preview, I didn't have any problems before the update though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually came here thinking that this problem was a result of version 13.6, because I don't recall it in previous versions.

**But I can definitely confirm that this is a huge problem for me, and it has affected both my system at work and at home, across multiple plugins, and any and all values are affected by it.**

Changing preview resolutions seems to make it update the preview, but even then, sometimes the preview will "glitch" back and forth between old and new.

I really thought I was downloading a bug fix update, bit this is literally one of the most annoying and unproductive bugs I have encountered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, but only since i updated to 13.6.

Sometimes, if it's a position change (or similar) that was undone, it's enough to change the value manually, but a lot of times only a purge will help. Switched back to 2014 for now.

Ah and the problem is happening ALWAYS now. Even in a 13.6 created Project...

The only thing i've messed with is the Keyboard-Shortcuts file... 13.6 wouldnt eat my 13.5 hotkeys so i manually updated the majorversion-number in it so it wouldn't reset everything (please never let that happen, honestly, i would shoot myself)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already opened another topic on this same issue.

This problem makes impossible to do any production work, I struggled for the last few hours purging the cache 1000 times while trying to deliver a work.

I know it's wise to wait before update your software (and I didn't check the radio button so previous version was uninstalled and I can't go back!)

but it's not possible to use 13.6 in production with these issues going on.

Now we'll see if this patch will take months like the august illustrator fix for corrupted preferences file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The live preview doesn´t work properly! I have to deliver a large project until next week. Now it´s almost impossbile to work fast with the new AE version. Adobe should fix it asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm amazed it was released with this bug. I don't think anyone can really wait for updates at the end of the month. Really hope they fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greedy Fish wrote:

I don't think anyone can really wait for updates at the end of the month. Really hope they fix this soon.

The "end of the month" has come (November 30th) and given us the 13.6 update. It fixed similar problems for some people, but not for everyone it would seem. I don't know when the next update will be, but I hope it comes soon too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I was gonna say.. The "end of the month" was 2 days ago. I didn't notice any problems in 13.5, but this update just really killed the ability to use the program.

In another thread, Todd mentioned that they (paraphrasing) "had a meeting about the update to be released in the next couple months"

I am sorry, but no one who uses this software in a professional manner can wait 2 months for Adobe to fix what they literally broke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a really wierd problem and it's not fully cache-related... i just animated a simple solid with two keyframes, added a third keyframe in the middle, shifting the layer up and immediatly undid it. Without a third keyframe it's still animating the change i undid. And i didn't even preview the animation at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tychof wrote:

This is a really wierd problem and it's not fully cache-related... i just animated a simple solid with two keyframes, added a third keyframe in the middle, shifting the layer up and immediatly undid it. Without a third keyframe it's still animating the change i undid. And i didn't even preview the animation at all.

That's interesting. I'd suggest filing a bug report, letting them know exactly what hardware and OS you're using so they can narrow down the issue and fix it! Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines