Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Newbie - Help

Jan 30, 2008 Jan 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased the Technical Communication Suite and and I was able to find an on-line class for FrameMaker through a community college but I have not been able to find a similar class for RoboHelp.

Can you recommend:
Any reasonably priced on-line classes?
Good guided-tour books?
Other resources?

Unlike most of the other Adobe products, RoboHelp does not seem to have ta plethora of advice and tutorials.

Thank you in advance.

margielf

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2008 Jan 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi margielf and welcome to our community

I'm an Adobe Certified RoboHelp Instructor and I offer on-line virtual training. If you are interested, feel free to contact me at rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2008 Jan 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Margielf,

I know what you mean, it's ironic that a premier techincal documentation/help system has such a complete lack of meaningful documentation. It would be really nice if Adobe would put together some online documentation that their new users could find that discusses how to use all the features and functionality of this cool product.

Just my 2 cents... :)

Good Luck with your search.

JR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2008 Jan 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest the "Essentials of Adobe RoboHelp 7 HTML" by Kevin Siegel of Iconlogic. It is a "skills and drills" workbook that is well formatted and easy enough to follow on your own. Amazon.com has it for $39.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2008 Feb 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Margielf,
I am actually looking to learn RH too. I worked with RH5 last year to update existing files but struggled with it, especially since I do not have any HTML background. I am in the Philadelphia region and there is a company offering training toward the end of February - www.brookwood.com. They appear to be a certified Macromedia/Adobe training facility.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Rob,

Thank you for the suggestion, but two problems:
1. I live in California.
2. I am a student and do no have someone to pay the tuition for me.

Margie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of details in both FrameMaker and RoboHelp.

Let me concur with the IconLogic book AND Rick Stone's excellent instruction.

I've been using FM for about five years now and RH is new. But with these excellent resources I think I've graduated to a "2nd-level" RH user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp