• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What adobe do I need to download books from public library to my nook. Do I have to pay for this? I can't seem to get it. It says I need an unlock code?

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What adobe do I need to download books from public library to my nook.  Do I have to pay for this?  It says I need an unlock code.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2015 Aug 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with two different companies that are trying to fix

my issue.  One is called BestPCFixing, the other is

HelpDesk/TechProSoftwareSolutions.  The first says they work for

Microsoft, the second for Adobe.  Are they scams?  Also, still have the

problem.  Can't seem to be able to get Adobe and download books from my

public library to my NOOK.  It says I need an unlock code.  I need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might help to state the exact error message that appears.  Also when does it appear? ie Is it when you download the book to your computer or when you transfer it to your Nook?  Also operating system and version of ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It downloads to computer but doesn't appear on adobe digital editions. It says I need a username and unlock code from the provider. Told you guys this three times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK.  You have downloaded and installed ADE on your computer right?  What operating system and version of ADE is it?  Start ADE, go to your library web and "check out" a book.  You should be offered an ascm file.  Click run and the book should download to ADE.  At this point you should be able to read it on your computer.  You should be able to authorise your Nook from ADE and transfer the book to the Nook.  If you are getting a request for a password maybe your library can advise a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines