• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fulfilling book title runs forever

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2015 Feb 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• My laptop has been rebuilt from scratch. 
  • I have copied my original acsm files from by backup to the new install on my laptop.
  • I downloaded and installed Digital Editions 4.0 (I don't know what version was on the computer before it was rebuilt)
  • I registered the computer with my existing ID
  • I try to open one of my books in Digital Editions and the Fulfilling ... Downloading Content ... window appears.  When the green bar almost reaches the end, it hangs.  I have let it run for over 30 minutes and it is still there.
  • This happens for all of my purchased books
  • I am able to load a library epub book successfully.
  • I tried rebooting my computer, but I still get the same results.

I've searched the forums and can't find any answers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It has been happening for so long that I stopped attempting to use the app; however, I need to do research on a book I own and now can't access it. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar problem, where ADE 4.5.9 wasn't working for me. I tried everything I could think of. I tried reinstalling, I tried rolling back to 3.0, I deleted the Adept key and tried logging on again, etc. What finally worked for me was to purge my computer of everything Adobe and starting over.

I first uninstalled everything with Adobe in the name (including flash player and Adobe Acrobat DC). Then I went to REGEDIT, and under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, software, I exported the entire Adobe key (just in case I messed it up), and deleted it. I then went to my C:/Program Files (x86) folder and deleted the adobe folder there. I then went to my Documents folder and renamed the "My Digital Editions" folder so Adobe Digital Editions wouldn't point there.

Finally, I re-installed, re-authorized the new program, and the next book I tried to open worked. Whether that's a permanent fix, or something I'll have to do again, I don't know... but it works for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines