Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No sound, video stops playing after few seconds

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2008 Jan 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have a problem with my Flashplayer. When i watch videos on websites like Youtube of so, sometimes it happens that my Flashplayer doesn't play the sound. The video will play for about two seconds (the whole video is loaded) and than, just stops playing. I can just drag to another part of the video, from which two seconds wil be played again. After i refresh Firefox, the problem usualy is gone. Does anyone else have this problem and more important, who can tell me the solution...?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2008 Jan 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jjpijpker,

Thanks for posting. I’m having the same/similar problem and so are some of these folks:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=617400&postdays=0&postorder=asc&postsperpage=15&start=...

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6384201#6384201

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=173889

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=184&threadid=1325732&e...

Almost all people mention: 2 seconds, no sound, works for some time after Flashplayer uninstalled and re-installed, seems to have started less than two month ago, most browsers/operating systems but not usually IE.

No solution so far for me. Some of my data:

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Card name: RADEON X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory
Driver Date: 3/29/2005
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6525 (English)

Maybe an Adobe Senior Member has some suggestions which we could try. This might suggest an answer: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=184&threadid=1328078&e...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2008 Jan 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution for this problem. The first time it appeared, was after installing Realplayer. I thought it was not possible that such a videoplayer could be the cause, but apparently it did. Some other people had this problem too and it was solved by deinstalling Realplayer. Of course it would be nice to find a way to keep them both, but for now, this is a solution. I hope it works for you too Mike!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2008 Jan 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, jjpijpker.

I use RealPlayer all the time so I am hoping someone can figure how to make Flashplayer work, because I will have to give up using Flashplayer on Firefox and keep RealPlayer (even if RealPlayer IS causing Flashplayer to misbehave on my computer). I'm glad that at this point I can use Flashplayer on IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2008 Jan 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem started just the other day for me. I do NOT have real player installed (I use Real Alternative).

Happens in Firefox-- apparently it's ok in IE but I don't try repeated loadings in IE so I can't say for sure.

Video (youtube, other flash videos) and games will appear to load, status bar says "done." VIdeo loads, plays (without sound) for a 2 seconds, then seizes and will play no more. I can drag the scroll bar through the time of the video and see images from the rest of the video but it will not play. And there remains no sound. Games generally do not respond at all.

Every tme I've paid attention, the timer stops at 2 seconds ( 00:02 ). Surely that's a clue for the developers.

Closing an instance of Firefox and restarting it will allow me go play one youtube video once. Then it starts with this trick again.

My setup: XP Pro (current with service packs), 2 Gb memory, nvidia geforce 7300 GT (main driver nv4_disp.dll, ver 6.14.0010.9424), current firefox and current Flash versions (I've removed and reinstalled Flash several times but still get the same problem). DirectX9.0c (4.09.0000.0904),

This just started happening a day or so ago, perhaps some Windows XP update caused it because I haven't changed Firefox or Flash during the time this began to go south.

Hope this can be fixed quickly, it's rather infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2008 Jan 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I wonder whether this is the same cause as with my problem? have invested in an expensive online course which uses videos. But if I hit any control - pause, back etc, the video will not go beyond that point of intervention. Yesterday I had no sooner begun when we suffered a power failure - now that video won't play beyond the start. Am I being dumb? Please help

Steekbaard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2008 Jan 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input Guys. i certainly will try an older version. BUT.. in the meanwhil, I contacted the webmaster resposible for publishing the videos and he found that he "used a cap F instead of lower case f "in his code. As a result him correcting the error, those videos are now working properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2008 Jul 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution for this problem. The first time it appeared, was after installing Realplayer. I thought it was not possible that such a videoplayer could be the cause, but apparently it did. Some other people had this problem too and it was solved by deinstalling Realplayer. Of course it would be nice to find a way to keep them both, but for now, this is a solution. I hope it works for you too Mike!

Want to create texas holdem game

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: mike95060
Thanks, jjpijpker.

I use RealPlayer all the time so I am hoping someone can figure how to make Flashplayer work, because I will have to give up using Flashplayer on Firefox and keep RealPlayer (even if RealPlayer IS causing Flashplayer to misbehave on my computer). I'm glad that at this point I can use Flashplayer on IE.

good to hear that its atleast working with IE...

Home Remedies | Bodybuilding Workouts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 28, 2008 Jan 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently rebuilt our home computer and after reinstalling Firefox and Flash (using the latest versions from their respective download sites), I also had this problem. It used to work before the reinstall so I grabbed the backup copy of my old Firefox Plugins folder from before the rebuild and replaced the Plugins folder in my current Firefox directory. That seems to have fixed the problem. I noticed that the version of Flash in the old plugin folder is 9.0.28, the current version is 9.0.115. Maybe this will help someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2008 Jan 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FlashPlayer 9.0.115.0 is causing all sorts of playback problems; doesn't matter which browser or platform. Try an earlier version of Flashplayer like 9.0.47.0. and see if that helps. I don't know why Adobe still has the latest FlashPlayer 9.0.115.0 up there...it's like Free Gas that causes your car to choke and not run right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shancan Wrote: "FlashPlayer 9.0.115.0 is causing all sorts of playback problems; doesn't matter which browser or platform. Try an earlier version of Flashplayer like 9.0.47.0. and see if that helps. "

Finally an answer that works. Runnin 9.0.47.0 now and it seems to be ok.

I got the version 9.0.47.0 at the "Archived Flash Players available for testing purposes" page:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14266&sliceId=2

Extracted the .47 version and (after uninstalling all flash) ran the windows installer. Seems to work fine in Firefox now.

I've chaged settings to keep Flash from updating unless I okay it Change your flash settings by means of the following page:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html

Shancan wrote:
"I don't know why Adobe still has the latest FlashPlayer 9.0.115.0 up there...it's like Free Gas that causes your car to choke and not run right."

Agreed, except it's only cause trouble for me with Firefox, which is about 1/5 of the market (about a third in Europe), so it seems like it would be thoroughly tested in Firefox.

Anyway thanks ShanCan. I won't upgrade Flash until absolutely necessary unless they explicitly say they've fixed this issue.

Oh, there is probably some security issue with version 9.0.47.0, so use it at your own risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2008 Feb 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: woostie
Shancan Wrote: "FlashPlayer 9.0.115.0 is causing all sorts of playback problems; doesn't matter which browser or platform. Try an earlier version of Flashplayer like 9.0.47.0. and see if that helps. "

Finally an answer that works. Runnin 9.0.47.0 now and it seems to be ok.

I got the version 9.0.47.0 at the "Archived Flash Players available for testing purposes" page:

Extracted the .47 version and (after uninstalling all flash) ran the windows installer. Seems to work fine in Firefox now.

I've chaged settings to keep Flash from updating unless I okay it Change your flash settings by means of the following page:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html

Shancan wrote:
"I don't know why Adobe still has the latest FlashPlayer 9.0.115.0 up there...it's like Free Gas that causes your car to choke and not run right."

Agreed, except it's only cause trouble for me with Firefox, which is about 1/5 of the market (about a third in Europe), so it seems like it would be thoroughly tested in Firefox.

Anyway thanks ShanCan. I won't upgrade Flash until absolutely necessary unless they explicitly say they've fixed this issue.

Oh, there is probably some security issue with version 9.0.47.0, so use it at your own risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to install version 9.0.47.0 from the "Archived Flash Players available for testing purposes" but it wouldn't let me because there was a new version available, how were you able to install that version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2008 Feb 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Realplayer installed, but I experience the same problem in Firefox. Restarting the browser fixes the problem temporary.

Why is there no official response from Adobe in this thread???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2008 Feb 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue and haven't seen the problem addressed anywhere else. It only started after I upgraded to the latest version a few days ago. I have RealPlayer on the system, but do not use it. WinXP, Firefox 2.0.0.11. I suppose I'll try downgrading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2008 Feb 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: tcolberg
I have the exact same issue and haven't seen the problem addressed anywhere else. It only started after I upgraded to the latest version a few days ago. I have RealPlayer on the system, but do not use it. WinXP, Firefox 2.0.0.11. I suppose I'll try downgrading.

I would deinstall real player first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2008 Jul 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Want to create texas holdem game

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2008 Feb 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem. One video, after playing for about 20 secs cuts out and redirects to a completely different site. It was suggested that downloading the previous version would solve the problem. That link givesa corrupted file message so its back to square 1. About a week ago I wrote to Adobe support, received an acknowledgement and an assurance that I would have an answer in 24 hrs - 1 week ago. You are right! DESPITE ALL THE MESSAGES OF COMPLAINT, WHY DOES'NT ADOBE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?
Steekbaard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2008 Feb 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Started when last version was installed, a couple weeks ago. I use Windows XP Professional, SP2, Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0.5730 and Firefox 2.0.0.11. Flash Player fails in both browsers. I don't have Real Player installed. Had to reinstall Flash Player to acess Youtube and other sites, but troubles started over today. After reinstalling for the second time, Flash Player seems to work properly but it will surely fail in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is RIDICULOUS!! Come on Adobe! It's VERY obvious that MANY people are having issues with sound / playback w/ Flash Player 9. There is NO sound in Firefox (Mac / PC) and playback issues as well.

I cannot believe they have not put out a fix, or coding suggestions that will fix this problems for the numerous content providers that post .flv files?

I CANNOT play content on CNN, Comedy Central, You Tube and for ALL the resources Adobe has, there is not a *fix* alert sent out to those who they KNOW are content managers?

We've started instructing our content viewers to UNINSTALL Flash Player 9 and reinstall 8!

C'MON PEOPLE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2008 Feb 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should fix the problem:
I have had the same problem for the past few weeks. It seems to have started when firefox updated itself. I tried the troubleshooting instructions on the adobe web site but had no success. I then tried mozilla's troubleshooting instructions which led me to the folder: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins. I noticed that the dll for flash player(WPSWF32.dll) was not in this folder. I did a search and found the file in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash. I copied and pasted the dll to the "plugins" folder and my problem was fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2008 Feb 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mazzolar, Perhaps you mean NPSWF32.dll? That dll has been in my Firefox plugins folder and has not fixed my problem; I'm glad it fixed yours.

The problem for me (and some other posters) is that simply restarting Firefox sometimes fixes the problem for a few days, but not permanently.

I'd love to know if woostie's solution was permanent for him and I'd love to have mike073048's question to Woostie answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2008 Feb 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!

But, I'm not using ANY codecs such as real player's.

So...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2008 Mar 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying the mpswf32.dll file to the Firefox plugin folder didn't work for me either. Freezes in IE too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines