• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem downloading Adobe Flash Player

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Adobe Flash Player on this Dell Studio XPS running Windows 7 for years. Recently it stopped working and Internet sites started telling me I needed to download the new version of AFP. I have done that at least ten times without ever getting AFP to work again. It is enabled when I took at "Managing Add-Ons."

Today I can't even complete the installation of AFP because it asks me to close Internet Explorer mid-installation, when all I have open is the Adobe download box.

What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version are you trying to install?

Anyway, try using the offline installers from https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_te...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install (have installed it actually in the sense that the program shows up when I look at Control Panel/Uninstall a Program) "Adobe Flash Player 18 Active." I just can't get it ever to work, though it certainly did for years on this Windows 7 PC. The original "Adobe Flash Plugin 10" that came with this desktop when I bought it in 2010 is still there I see when I look at "Uninstall a Program."

When I go to "Tools/Manage Add-ons," as instructed on the link you provided, it does say that AFP is enabled.

What if I simply uninstalled the two AFP programs I mentioned through Control Panel and then tried to download the latest version of AFP again?

Thanks for your help,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, uninstall both, then install the latest Flash Player version(s) again.  Note that Windows has two different plugins:

1. the ActiveX plugin for Internet Explorer
  2. the NPAPI plugin for other browsers like Firefox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I uninstalled both version of Adobe Flash Player on my desktop, and then installed the ActiveX plugin again. Alas, it still doesn't work.

Could malware be the problem? I run McAfee every week and it hasn't detected anything in many, many months.

Thanks, Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be a little bit more detailed than just "doesn't work".  Is it still the installation that fails, as in your original post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installation of AFP has never failed no matter how many times I install it. It's just that afterwards AFP refuses to work anymore unlike how it did for years. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

I just clipped and added three pages from my computer that illustrate the status of my AFP. There has been no change in these three places since AFP stopped working.

Thanks,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may be helpful if you posted these screenshots (using the camera icon in the forum editor).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines