Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp Toolbar Buttons Misaligned in Firefox

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2008 Jan 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm using RH6. When we display our Help in Firefox (2.0.0.1, 2.0.0.11), the buttons in the Navigation Bar are not properly vertically aligned. The standard Contents, Index and Search are fine and seem to be center aligned. We've added a Previous Topic which is showing as bottom. The Search box shows as top aligned and a logo shows as bottom aligned. We've carried the same approach through other projects and have never experienced this. Is there something I can edit in the skin or the project to fix this? Didn't see much in the browser settings I could adjust.

Wayne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 06, 2008 Feb 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wayne,

Researching another issue, I stumbled across the reason for your problem and suggest an easy fix.

In the output directory whgdata, these files;

whlstt0.htm, whlstt1.htm .... etc.
and
whlnvt30.htm

contain a line to set a value for "vertial" alignment.

Make it "vertical."

I haven't had time to check RH project templates, so for now I'm fixing it manually in output files.

Just last night I decided to report this as a bug.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2008 Feb 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Harvey,

I'll give that a try.

Wayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2008 Nov 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same problem. This forum entry seemed helpful. I went to the whlstt0.htm and other files, and indeed found the css attributes with "vertical" misspelled as "vertial". I corrected the spellings.

However the buttons were still cut off in Firefox. So this workaround didn't actually help.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2008 Nov 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In my case, the fix was to hack the generated file whtbar.js and change an attribute valign=middle to valign=top in the addBanner() function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp