• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV) Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same Exception, using InDesign:

Process:           Adobe InDesign CC 2015 [3550]
Path:              /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2015/Adobe InDesign CC 2015.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe InDesign CC 2015
Identifier:        com.adobe.InDesign
Version:           11.1.0.122 (11100)
Code Type:         X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:    ??? [1]
Responsible:       Adobe InDesign CC 2015 [3550]
User ID:           393393107

Date/Time:         2015-09-02 14:17:02.577 -0700
OS Version:        Mac OS X 10.10.3 (14D2134)
Report Version:    11
Anonymous UUID:    7EA882AA-67F0-9B9E-74F7-6FB9407DCF94

Time Awake Since Boot: 7000 seconds

Crashed Thread:    0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:    EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:   KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00006188003be758

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to provide more information about what is happening when you crash? Was InDesign working before? Has anything changed in your system?

I'll forward this to the InDesign forum where some users may be able to interpret your report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Steve. It was working just fine before I started developing a new document, developing a template as I go.  Nothing has changed in my system -- no Adobe updates (Flash or otherwise), no Mac updates that I know of, nothing new. I sent a co-worker a copy of the file, and it also made InDesign crash on her system, but I don't know what caused the crash from her end.

It happens when I'm typing, when I copy and paste text or graphics, when I add text that flows into the next text box, when I tag some text as a particular paragraph style... probably other times, as well, but I have forgotten all of the times it has given me errors.

I am new to InDesign, so it's incredibly frustrating because I don't know if I accidentally tried to make it do something it's not supposed to do, or if there is something wrong with [my system, my template, my styles, my brain].

I can attach the entire error report, if that's helpful, or send you the file I'm working on... What would be most useful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you the same person who posted the crash report (please post reports on pastebin.com, not here, and provide a link)? If so, you need to run the latest patch for InDesign CS6, then try again. If not, post the crash report and give us the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I haven't posted a crash report. But here it is!

Where is the latest patch for InDesign CS6? (Sorry, I'm new to this forum and to InDesign!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help > Updates...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh. It looks like I already have the most up-to-date updates. I'm not given the option to update InDesign.

Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 3.02.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AND it just happened again, this time while trying to add space after a particular paragraph style... Same Exception Code and Type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please put the crash report on pastebin.com and give us a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here is the one that just happened, when I was copy/pasting an image from the same document into a new location. Same Exception type and code:

Exception Type:    EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:   KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00007f94198039e8

InDesign_CrashReport2_EXC_BAD_ACCESS - Pastebin.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I branched this into its own topic. Your crash report indicates this is text related. My guess would be either a bad font or a corrupt style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be... but I uninstalled InDesign, re-installed it, and started over again, with a brand-new file today -- and it happened again. The only changes or additions I have made to the styles is to change the fonts, sizes, and tabs.

I opened a ticket with our IT department, maybe they can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the crash report I think this solution might work for you InDesign CC 2015.1 crashes while working on text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I just tried the solution... I'll check in later after working on my files for a while to make sure it's fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So far, so good. I only had one crash all afternoon. I hesitate to say that it's fixed... but I'm cautiously optimistic. Thank you all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines