• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renamed project not opening

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I renamed my RoboHelp 11 project to change what is displayed in the browser tab. Now the project fails to open. The error message says the project was either cancelled or the application was unable to load database for (Path to the project files ending with the re-named .cpd file). Is there an easy fix? Should I create a new project and copy in all of the project files? Of course I have a deadline of next Tuesday!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Most probably your project's .cpd file is corrupt. Please take a backup of your project and delete the .cpd file and try opening the project.

See if that works out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the Single Source Layout window to set the default window. Again, thanks for the help

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, make a backup. Then remove the CPD and try to reopen. Do you get a different error?

Please note the filenames displayed in each error. It may be that a few control files failed to be renamed and you may have to do that manually.

For example:

olname.ali

must become

newname.ali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I ended up re-creating the project and imported all the topics into the new one. Is the cpd file the one that controls which topic is displayed on startup?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, It does control the default topic (and a lot of other things as well) as it is the project cache file.

In Robohelp >> Tools >> Options there is an option to clear the .cpd file each time the project opens. [Clear Project Cache (.cpd File) Before Opening Any Project]

It Controls whether the old <ProjectName>.cpd file will be deleted each time while opening a project and a new <ProjectName>.cpd will be created from the project files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp