• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH11 - Information in TOC was lost not just for one but for all of RH project files

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client who accidentally clicked on the X in one of her TOC pods on one project. Unfortunately, it appears that she has lost all of the contents in the Table of Contents and is now having to rebuild it. There is no reason that I can think of that would empty the contents of the TOC as it had previously been saved. Even if she had made a few changes to it, the entire TOC should not have been lost in my view. The TOC file exists but there is nothing in it.

Then she opened her other RoboHelp projects and discovered that the TOC for each of her RH projects was also lost. Can anyone tell me how this could happen? I have never encountered this before so I am not sure how this should be avoided.

She was in the process of moving her pods around on the screen and rather then pinning it in place she hit the x. By the time she showed me her file all of the project pods were no longer displaying. I showed her how to add them back in to her view but the situation with the TOC is a complete mystery. Any help anyone can give me would really be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the project have multiple TOC's and that she opened the wrong one? That would be the easiest explanation.

Perhaps RoboHelp somehow lost track of the TOC files. Which files with the .hhc extension are saved on her machine?

Did your client rename the project, removed the CPD file or work from a network drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She had two (an old one and a new one).  We actually opened both files.  I actually saw the TOC files.  The .hhc extension files were on her machine. When we opened them, the content was gone.

No she did not rename the project, or remove the CPD file or work from a network drive.

Thanks.

Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a “restore from backup” situation…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff,

I'll let her know.

Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp