• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC won't import images

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to lightroom CC from lightroom 5 and it won't import my images.  It shows a preview of them, but when I click import is says "importing images" but it never does and just sits like that.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2016 Jan 02, 2016

HI everyone,

Sorry for the import issues with Lightroom, please check this thread and follow the instructions - Lightoom 6.3: After update I can't open any video files

Regards

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 216 Replies 216
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have not seen this issue in Lightroom 6 or Lightroom CC.

Could you please try again and post a screenshot of the same? Please provide details, such as your operating system (Mac / Windows.)

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue when trying to import from an external source (mobile phone connected via USB).  LR recognises that the phone is there but crashes after a time when searching for the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I uninstalled LIghtroom CC to see if I could just go back to using Lightroom 5 and it is not importing in Lightroom 5 now either.  I'm on a mac OsX Yosemite.  Here is a screen shot of what it's doing.  Thanks for your help.  Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 3.46.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screenshot of your Import panel before you click Import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 4.01.29 PM.pngJust trying to import a few pictures for a school project for my daughter.  Again, this is Lightroom 5.  When I upgraded to Lightroom CC this started happening so I uninstalled CC.  It just freezes on the import screen.  When I close out of it it says it's cancelling the job... so it acts like it is doing something but nothing is happening.  Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a series of things to try to isolate where the issue might be, obviously do an Import after each time you change things, so you know what is affecting the Import:

• Presumably you've rebooted, but if not, or try it, again, this time actually shutting down so the power is off for a few seconds then turn it back on.
  • Does it work to import if you open EOS_DIGITAL in the Files section, not the Devices section?
  • Freezing (of LR6) suggests something incompatible is plugged into a USB port, somewhere.  It could be the camera or it could be a phone charging or who knows what.  Unplug everything except the camera/card-reader and try it.
  • If it does work, then plug things in one-by-one to see which one was causing the issue, and then unplug it, again, to verify it was the problem.
  • If it doesn't work with the card-reader or camera attached, then use an OS utility to copy the files to a temporary location on the hard-drive and see if things work better importing from there.

All this might be enough to determine the cause.  Other things you can try if you want would be:

• Try without converting to DNG.
  • Try copying all the files on the card to a folder on the system hard drive using an OS function like Finder or Explorer, then format the card in the camera including a low-level format, then copy the files back to the card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you... I will try these.

Denae

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am having a similar problem. I have had and used many versions of Lightroom and it recently won't import (after upgrading to New Mac OS) No updates available in Mac, Adobe, or Canon. Using Canon 5D III; See attached screen shots for specs and error message.

Marty

Screen Shot 2015-11-01 at 6.13.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-01 at 6.14.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-01 at 6.15.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, If anyone is having the same problem I was... when trying to import from a card it said it couldn't read it. When copying from the card to a folder on my desktop then importing from the folder it worked fine. (Not saying I'm happy with the extra step but at least it worked for now)

Other applications will import from the card so it's still a Lightroom CC and El "Crap-e-tan" issue.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "

Hello I am having a similar problem. I have had and used many versions of Lightroom and it recently won't import (after upgrading to New Mac OS) No updates available in Mac, Adobe, or Canon. Using Canon 5D III; See attached screen shots for specs and error message." end quote.

This is a completely different issue. The error message you are seeing means that you are trying to import photos to a "folder" for which you do not have read and write permissions. You have to rectify this using your operating system functions, or select an alternative "destination" folder for the import in the right side panel of the import dialog.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil, hi. I use a MacAir. I just downloaded Lightroom and tried to upload my collection of 22,000 photos from an external drive (G Drive). It looks like most of the photos uploaded in the appropriate files, but at least one file is missing most of its photos. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having the same problem. Lightroom will no longer import photos from my Olympus EM-1 or my Ricoh GR -- using different memory cards on both. What's up? Here's my screen shot.

Oh - I did try unchecking the "suspected duplicates" box. Still won't work.

Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 1.07.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2016 Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem with LR CC. It stopped after Feb 15th. It was working properly until then. Now, it is seeing hundreds of photos and able differentiate the new from the already imported photos but after pressing IMPORT button and after half an hour passed nothing gets imported. Macintosh ElCapitan O/S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2016 Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will now check the .MOV files, if this will fix the problem. However, I used to have MOV files before but mixed with JPGs maybe MOV with RAW files causing this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem now.  When importing from a compact flash card or from local copies on my hard drive when I go to the import dialog and select a folder it looks like the folder is completely empty.  this is extremely frustrating!  Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. iMac with 10.11.6 El Capitan and Lightroom 5.7. Suddenly the import stopped working! I can connect the EOS70D via cable or with a card reader. The CR2 previews are shown perfectly. But the import never shows any progress. Neither is a error message shown. Adobe or Apple sucks really bad currently. Maybe Apple has messed up with one of the latest updates? Any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Tried your suggested solutions but did not work.

Tried also creating a collection on hard drive first and moving same folder to external drive. Still same problem. The application hangs for a while (duration depending on the number of files chosen to be imported) and same error message.

System macOS Sierra 10.12.3 / Lightroom 2015.8

Screenshot attached. Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 14.45.44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Points to consider-

"...could not be read..."  is really saying- Could not be WRITTEN.  99% a permissions problem! Full Read/Write permissions are required for the specified Destination folder (where you are copying the photos into).

Grey thumbnails in the import window-  99% these photos have been previously imported into the catalog. It does not matter if the files  are moved or copied to another folder with the OS- Lightroom still has a reference to these images in the catalog and will refuse a second import of the same files. (And then if they are moved with the OS- now Lr thinks these photos are 'Missing"  '!'  )

Photo files in your computer are in "Folders".  Lightroom shows Folders in the Folders Panel (but ONLY folders containing imported images).  "Collections" is a term that should be reserved for the panel in Lightroom where you can make virtual lists of selected photos (collected from any photos in the Lr catalog library)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same issues with importing files into Lightroom CC too.

Originally I tried to import using the plugin from Aperture. The import stops after the first or second photo of each Aperture project.

SO I then exported all ,y  original photos from Aperture into a folder. Then I tried importing that folder of photos and it gets stuck as described in the first post.

MacOSX 10.9.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not be sure this specific action cured or solved my problem, however, everything started to work for me when I moved any *.AVI files out of the folders I was trying to import.

That is all I did. Now things seem to be importing well (at least if they are photos in folders).

Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes removing the .MOV files off the card allowed me to import the images.  It appears that the thumbnail view of the images won't view the .MOV files.  Viewing them in full screen shows them up.  Tried inserting a card without .MOV files on and it all worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did it and still having the same problems: can’t import. This is irritating.

De: stevermoore

Responder para: <jive-1748123894-3kcdf-2-4vp6b@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com>

Data: sexta-feira, 20 de novembro de 2015 10:17

Para: Marc

Assunto: Lightroom CC won't import images

Lightroom CC won't import images

created by stevermoore in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionYes removing the .MOV files off the card allowed me to import the images. It appears that the thumbnail view of the images won't view the .MOV files. Viewing them in full screen shows them up. Tried inserting a card without .MOV files on and it all worked!!

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8197427#8197427 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8197427#8197427 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you move files to a folder on your desktop you can import them then. (still don’t like it but for temp purposes)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines