• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intergrating BC with codeswholesale API

Participant ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi looking for some info on what needs to be done to get this codeswholesale/codeswholesale-sdk-php · GitHub to work with BC.

Im not a programmer so not sure if this is a lot of work outside of BC or if its can be done in BC but would love if someone could give me some info or point me in the right direction.

I don't have a lot of money but if someone is willing to help me out ill be happy to pay for there time.

Thanks

Luke

TOPICS
3rd party integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Hi Luke,

BC is not PHP it is .Net based but you can not write or put any code on BC. Therefor you have to have a 3rd party server and develop a solution using that API and the BC api to integrate to two together. If you need help you can contact Brett@prettydigital.com.au to get a quote from us to do that integration if this is a must for your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luke,

BC is not PHP it is .Net based but you can not write or put any code on BC. Therefor you have to have a 3rd party server and develop a solution using that API and the BC api to integrate to two together. If you need help you can contact Brett@prettydigital.com.au to get a quote from us to do that integration if this is a must for your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks Liam

By the sounds of it will be to costly to develop and run a 3rd party server for the little proffit I will make from the store integration.

They do supply a .csv file for the manual integration but it doesn't suit the BC .csv import template. Is there a way to make importing a .csv file daily less painful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just need to change it to suit BC for the import. There is likely the possibility of doing an App which would be less (but still a cost) where it imports a spreadsheet in their format to import into BC without any changes as well as another option.

Other option is if you can have a json file of their data FTP'ed on a regular basis and through the new rendering engine you can render that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 7.39.48 pm.png

That is the csv file I would need to sort into columns to import the file into BC. Its all one column and looks messy? nearly 900 products.

If I was importing this on a daily basis would that overwrite my products or would it create new ones in BC? or is that something that would be looked at in the App?

I think the other option is a no go as they wouldn't setup a json file just for one customer.

I will have to think about it more as I wasn't planing this to be such a difficult process.

but thanks for the reply's guys really appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats not one line. Double click the lines on the columns at the top and it will scale, I can see the column headers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 8.37.59 pm.png

separated by semicolon but I know how to separate into columns, getting there slowly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Putting my foot in as well, if you need an API solutions drop me a private message on the forums to discuss, I've done many API interfaces, sync, shipping and checkouts for clients and all are extremely happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks BCMan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to that an API or something could enable an auto e-commerce product import from a CSV file? We're working with a client that has multiple dealers that each have their own BC installation. The products they carry are all exactly the same. When the client makes a change to the product list I would like the Dealers products to update either automatically or on a scheduled basis. Is this doable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scottdouglas999: Short answer yes, you would need API access to all the BC sites and essentially run (from a 3rd party server you control) something that loops over the products, checks for changes and then updates the dealers products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2015 Sep 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The BCMan... are you available to write something like this? There may be as many as 90 different sites that would have to be updated. We would have API access to them all. If you are able to contract this project what (approximately) would it cost?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 05, 2015 Sep 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

scottdouglas999: Sure no problem, cost will depends on how similar all the sites are, if for example all the sites use the same product code then we can update it quite easily but if that is not the case we'll have to keep a record of their product code vs the real product code to know what to update. You'll also have to come up with a set of rules, for example if the product is deleted in the master site does that delete the product on the dealers sites? Same for out of stock (if you are doing drop shipping). I'll fire some questions to you on a private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines