• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer way too slow in Captivate 7

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 months ago I installed Captivate 7 (I also have Captivate 5 on my computer for editing older projects). When working in Captivate 7, my computer nearly grinds to a halt. I don't have this problem in Captivate 5. Saving and previews take forever and the system frequently becomes non-responsive and occasionally crashes.  The IT people can't seem to do anything and are blaming the software rather than my system (which they say is otherwise working fine).  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Captivate 7 and it didn't make any difference. I noticed that the size of the program is 3.45GB whereas Captivate 5 was only 1.48 - not sure if that has something to do with it. My OS is Windows 7.  Has anyone had similar problems? It's got to the point where I feel paralyzed and spend collectively hours a day staring at my computer waiting for it to complete the simplest task.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your setup of Cp7 against these guidelines:

http://www.infosemantics.com.au/adobe-captivate-troubleshooting/setting-up-your-computer-to-work-wit...

http://www.infosemantics.com.au/adobe-captivate-troubleshooting/how-to-set-up-preferences

It sounds like you may not have all default locations pointing to local C drive folders and some things, e.g. themes, layouts, project files, or cache might be on remote servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the guidelines Rod.  I'm not sure if it's practical for me to run it as an administrator all the time but I've given it a try.  The "publish at" and "project cache" were already to my local C drive.  There is a small improvement in speed to preview but it is still extremely slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rod,

Thanks for this tip. I was having similar slug issues with CP7 but running as administrator, I have noticed a quicker response when doing tasks such as updating linked PPT files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources