• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Adobe CC be installed on the new 2015 MacBook (12 inch) with the Intel CoreM processor?

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minimum system requirements only say Multicore Processor with 64-bit support, but not sure if CoreM qualifies as Multicore. Searching the forum threads, someone with a Lenovo Yoga 3 and CoreM said the install failed as it did not meet minimum requirements, but perhaps that was an older processor.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Hardware forum.

Menhir you can find the system requirements for Creative Cloud applications at System requirements | Creative Cloud.  I attempted to review the tech specs for the Retina MacBook available at Apple - MacBook - Tech Specs but I did not see a listing for how much video RAM was available.  The community in this forum may be able to provide additional guidance regarding your inquiry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the Intel 5300 graphics is not listed on the Adobe supported graphics cards and since it most likely does not have dedicated Video RAM (from what I could see on the Intel pages) it probably is a big gamble.  I would press Apple to see what they say.  But in any case with vonly two cores and 8 GB  of RAM you probably would not be satisfied with the performance unless you are dealing with only standard definition media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what? The reason why the installation of Adobe Premiere Pro failed on that Core M ultraportable is simple: The base CPU clock speed is too low. Adobe requires a CPU with a stock non-Turbo base clock that's 2.0 GHz or higher when multiple cores are used before the software can even install at all. (And yes, Adobe's software installer only cares about sheer clock speed, not performance per clock.) What's more, the Core M stays at a low 1.1 GHz when both cores are in use, only Turbo'ing to 2.6 GHz when only one core is being used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All - thanks so much for your input! My initial thought was to see if I could marry the portability of the MacBook Air, the Retina Display and (slightly lower) battery life of the MacBook Pro, and the new features of the Force Touch trackpad all in one device, and that seemed like a distinct possibility until I checked to see if Adobe CC can be installed. By the sounds of it, this first generation MacBook will not be powerful enough, which means I will need to step up to the 2015 MBP with Force Touch, even though it's not quite as light and thin as the MBA.

That said, I will wait until 4/10 when the MacBook is released just to cover my bases by going into the Apple Store and checking first-hand whether a CC install is even possible, and if so, whether the performance is anywhere close to acceptable. I will update this thread accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update Menhir.  I had a family member recently inquiring about the MacBook as well so I will be curious to hear the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, Menhir ... any news about this topic?

I am seriously considering buying a macbook 12 and I've not found yet any definitive answer on the compatibility with CC 2015.

if you can help me, I thank you very much 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2015 Sep 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to install Adobe CC 2015 on the new macbook (early 2015). No problems thus far. I also have the basic model with only the 1.1 GHz processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problems per se. Unfortunately, the Core M's performance will be slower than even most of the Celeron-powered laptops (let alone those powered by an i3) that are also unsuitable for video editing. The only current laptops that are slower than the Core M are those that use Atom-socket Celerons and Pentiums (yes, even the "quad-core" Pentiums) due to their less-efficient architecture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is a MacBook 12" 2016, M5 1,2 GHz enough for Adobe CC suit? I had this question before choosing this great laptop, but no answer. So I decide to write a post (in French, sorry...) to explain my opinion and my experience :

https://electricnews.fr/mon-macbook-et-moi/

I don't regret my choice at all !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines