• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't access fonts with InDesign CC 2015

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!!! I just downloaded the newest 2015 versions of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and Muse from the Cloud. The problem I have now is that I can't change my fonts. InDesign sees the font but will not allow me to click on the list and change fonts. I thought it was because Suitcase version was old, so I updated Suitcase Fusion 6 and the problem still exists. Please help.

I can change the font but only if I type the name into the box. This is frustrating. To make matter worse I did not un-check the box to save the older version. All I see in the Cloud is the older version InDesign CS6. I just want 2014 back.

Anyone have this problem or know of a fix.

I'm using Mac OS 10.10.3.

Thanks-Todd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Hi,

Sorry to see you facing issues with the latest version of InDesign.

We have figured out why this issue is being seen and have a workaround other then deleting the preferences and caches.

This issue is seen with the Font Menu mode being "Search First Word Only". Please use the mode "Search Entire Font Name" as a workaround till we fix this issue.

To change the mode click on the Search (magnifier) icon on the Font Menus Edit Box and chose "Search Entire Font Name" from the Drop down.

Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 8.54.45 AM.png

We deeply regr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be a clue. Try turning OFF Suitcase 6, and see if you have the problem. Suitcase may not be properly updated yet. Check on their website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try turning off both Suitcase and I have tried Font Book. Nothing works. All the fonts are working in the other Adobe programs.

Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issue with no fix in sight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sssmith65

I contacted tech support at Adobe. Here is the fix.

Shut down InDesign. go to Go in the finder menu- Go to folder- type in ~/library then click on preferences then go to Adobe InDesign version 11. then rename en_us to 2en_us

shut that down and start InDesign. It should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a another way to restore your InDesign preferences. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know. Thanks Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to see you facing issues with the latest version of InDesign.

We have figured out why this issue is being seen and have a workaround other then deleting the preferences and caches.

This issue is seen with the Font Menu mode being "Search First Word Only". Please use the mode "Search Entire Font Name" as a workaround till we fix this issue.

To change the mode click on the Search (magnifier) icon on the Font Menus Edit Box and chose "Search Entire Font Name" from the Drop down.

Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 8.54.45 AM.png

We deeply regret the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Javed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you Javed. This works perfectly. I did NOT want to delete and restore my preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou - it's working now. Brilliant.

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Javed, color me a novice user, but I cannot find this setting anywhere.  Where do I find the toggle that lets me change the setting to Search Entire Font Name?

I've looked in my top toolbar, side toolbar, and in the "Type: main menu.  Don't see it.

However, when I selected "Font" from the "Type" drop-down in the main menu, that was the ONE place that responded to my attempt to change a font.

Hopefully you guys can find a fix for this sooner than later and push it out to us.  In the meantime, would love to know where that setting is that you're showing in your screenshot.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the magnifying glass

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ha!  Hiding in plain sight, of course.  Thank you BobLevine! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find this setting anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed Thank you BobLevine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another screenshot that's not quite so zoomed in that might be helpful.  Click on the little spy glass and the 2 "search" font options show up.  Hope this helps! 

InDesign2015Font-Setting.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perfect thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohammad - Thank you! I rarely see Adobe admit an error and give such a simple solution out! It is AWESOME and refreshing when this happens!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesn't work for me. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what is not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have seemed to 'cleared' my font list in my character palette pulldown menu - I accidentally clicked on the star at the left and now none of my fonts even show up on my list! help please...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the Star again and they will come back. It toggles favorites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me either I'm afraid

The 2 missing fonts (whcih were there yesterday but after I packaged the file to give it to someone then came back to make further changes today I've discovered 2 fonts unavailable)

...have these suffixes:

1 x  .ttc

1 x .ttf

Of course this job is urgent...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines