• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting error code 3 randomly

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using lightroom or photoshop at random times doing random things I get a error code 3. It says, unable to recover from a kernel exception, application must close. It has only done this since the driver update for windows 10. I am running windows 10. did not have this problem before the update. It is getting annoying. How can this be corrected?

Thanks,

Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BFriggs,

Could you please post the error log generated?

What are the device drivers you have updated?

~Mrinmay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did post the error log. What I wrote in the first post after the error code is what it is saying. "error code 3. unable to recover from a kernel exception, application must close" Unless you are asking for something different then I don't know what you are asking for. The driver update was from Adobe for Lightroom and Photoshop to run on windows 10. But it was already running on it fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow the steps to get the error log from Event Viewer.

> Open Event Viewer by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Event Viewer.  Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

> Expand Windows Logs in the left hand side panel.

> Click on Application.

> In the middle panel, you will find error

Event Viewer.PNG

> Click on the error log.

> Post the error Information which you find in the General Tab.

~Mrinmay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It was a little different than you posted. But I found what you wanted. Sorry about my ignorance with computers. Here is what was in the general tab.

SettingSyncHost (1364) Unable to create a new logfile because the database cannot write to the log drive. The drive may be read-only, out of disk space, misconfigured, or corrupted. Error -1032.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess there is not fix for this. Wonderful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check and confirm the error message for the source as Photoshop or Lightroom.

You may post a screen shot to check the issue properly.

~Mrinmay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am also experiencing random code 3 errors using After Effects CC on an Alienware laptop running Windows 10 with an NVIDIA Geforce 660M. It's hard to accomplish any task without having to restart the program. Please advise.

Here are the logs in sequential order:

Event 5973

Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy!App failed with error: The remote procedure call failed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

NVIDIA OpenGL Driver

Unable to recover from a kernel exception. The application must close.

Application Error

Faulting application name: AfterFX.exe, version: 13.5.1.48, time stamp: 0x55adf822

Faulting module name: nvoglv64.DLL, version: 10.18.13.5598, time stamp: 0x55f5e56b

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x0000000000eb5b40

Faulting process id: 0x6774

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0f73ddfb3abf4

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2015\Support Files\AfterFX.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nvoglv64.DLL

Report Id: 03ebfee4-b7d6-4a30-8c8c-976f565d5aff

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I am using the most recent NVIDIA drivers released a few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The module that is failing is a component of nVidia video driver.

Please contact nVIdia to get the latest version for your display adapto

~Mrinmay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a problem with the new drivers from Nvidia... the gamer forums are all hot about it. Nvidia needs to step up. This as of Oct 25 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I there,

I have illustrator cc and 2015 today I suddenly came out with this error code: Unable to recover from a kernel exception. Error code: 3. This error leads me back to the graphics card. I have a Nvidia GTX750. The program must be continually crash!!

this is the error window:

IMG-20151109-WA0012.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this in a chat with Nvidia about these cards. Ayub is the Nvidia tech:

My error message was:

OpenGL Driver - Unable to recover from a kernel exception. The application must close. Error code: 3
Would you like to visit Nvidia support (blah blah blah)…?

Ayub: please perform the steps below and check the functionality:

1. Please try removing the drivers again using Revo Un-installer/ Display Driver Un-installer (DDU), then shutdown the computer and reseat the NVIDIA graphics card, the RAM card and then try re-installing the NVIDIA graphics drivers for troubleshooting purposes.

Display Driver Un-installer (DDU):
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

2. Please perform a clean installation of the NVIDIA graphics driver in "Safe Mode with Networking":
358.59 NVIDIA graphics driver:
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3798

Steps on how to perform a clean installation of the graphics driver:
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2900/

3. Restart the computer into normal mode and install the PhysX and GeForce Experience from the links below:
NVIDIA PhysX System Software:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.14.0702-driver.html
GeForce Experience:
http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/download

Ayub: Do let me know if you need the steps for "Safe Mode with Network"

Tom Meyer: just to be sure, yes, could you provide that
Ayub: Sure
Ayub: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/force-windows-to-boot-into-safe-mode-without-using-the-...

And make sure to select "Network" option after checking "Safe Boot"
Or you can download the file here in the Regular mode, move it to a flash drive, then boot into Safe Mode and access the driver file from that.

I hope this helps. I haven't tried it yet, still limping along.. Tom Meyer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this exact error affecting Photoshop (that's the application which gets closed) a few times since last updating CC2015.

I just got another one five minutes ago, so decided to search for a solution.

I read elsewhere on the Adobe site a staff member replying to someone else with another problem I had with the latest CC2015 to upgrade the graphics driver, so I did, and have been getting this error spasmodically since (I didn't have this issue before).

Windows 7 desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me:

Edit => Preferences => Performance

Click Advanced Settings under Graphics Processor Settings

Uncheck Use OpenCL and set Drawing Mode to Normal.

According to what I red on NVidia's site this happens on systems with fast CPU's and there ends up being a handshake issue between wanting to use the GPU and overriding it when the CPU would have been the better option.

Problem went away and I didn't have to reinstall anything. If you are a power user who is opening up very large files this might not be the best option for you. Downgrading to the working drivers might be better as you might have needed what you are losing here. I work on the web with file sizes of 2mb or less and I have a dual CPU system with SSD's and 16GB RAM so not having the speed enhancements isn't even noticeable.

rdiSd1K.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use the latest Photoshop CC (2015), Win 10 Pro x64 with Nvidia Quadro K5200, and I had the same issue.

I've found a solution:

1. Uninstall the latest NVIDIA driver with WagnardMobile

2. Install 353.82 Quadro driver from September.

If you have GeForce, you need to try install the 355.98 version. (See: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/885049/windows-10-gtx-860m-kernel-exception-wtf-/?offset=6 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem.

I uninstalled driver from nvidia and downloaded delivered by Windows Update. Performance is less by about 10% but it works stably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines