• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

create a standard index name of index.html

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2006 Jul 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When generating RH webhelp pro as an output, I need the default index web page to be named according to naming conventions set by the developers. How do I do that? This is NOT about setting the default topic.
Note from eng:
How do I get RoboHelp to change the auto-generated frameset’s filenname? Right now it is outputting as <Project Name>.htm, but the engineering team is asking that it create a standard index name of index.html, so that they link to the help like <a href=”/help/”> instead of having to link like <a href=”/help/<project name>.htm”>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2006 Jul 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's whatever you define in the first field of the first page of the wizard. RH creates a default but you can change it and it will stick until you change it again.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2008 Feb 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi....When generating RH WebHelp Pro, I am having the same issue. Even when I enter the following in the Output Folder/Start Page field: C:\FREIGHT\mas90200\index.htm, RH is generating the Webhelp directory like this: C:\freight\mas90200\index.htm\SageMAS90_200.htm.

Even if I change the "first field", Project Name to index.htm, it still won't generate "index.htm".....still generates SageMAS90_200.htm.

Am I just stupidly missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it is webhelp pro you need? You are publishing to a server that has RoboEngine or RoboServer depending on your version of RH?

There was a post identical to this only last week. Poke around the forum a bit.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, I'll take a look.

Why does the WebHelp Pro wizard offer more navigation and options?
I rather like the ease of including breadcrumbs etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp