• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate pages in a topic

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2015 Sep 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do I see duplicate pages under a topic?  Only 1 opens in RoboHelp.  Should  I delete the other one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2015 Sep 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some more information would be good. What do you mean by 'pages in a topic'? Where do you see duplicates? Where do you only see one? If you could attach images using the camera button, that would help too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amebr.  See the duplicates?  Only one will open in RH, so I thought I should delete the duplicate.  My question is how do it get duplicated?  And is it ok to delete it? two pages.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there

What version of RoboHelp? I ask because how you proceed will make a difference.

If it's RoboHelp 2015 release, click the Project tab, then Display Topics > By File name.

tmp1.png

If it's version 11 or earlier, try clicking in the Project Manager pod first, then clicking View > By File Name.

tmp2.png

Note what you see after taking this action.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you RIck. I am using RH 11.  When viewing by file name as you suggested, I see that the files are including a contact name like this:
Duplicates.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so what is happening is that you are seeing bookmarks inside the topic.

This is a very curious situation though. Can't say I've ever seen it manifest myself. Normally bookmarks appear like this in the Project Manager pod:

tmp1.png

But for you, they are showing as multiples of the same topic. Makes me wonder what has happened with your install or whatever to make that happen.

If you open one of the sample projects do you see the same behavior? For example, click File > Open and click Samples in the left panel.

tmp2.png

Try opening the App Help project. Then look at the Project Manager pod. Specifically the Error Message topic. Does it get listed the same way? If so, it means something is up with your RoboHelp install. Maybe you need to update by installing the Service Release. If not, it would seem to indicate something is up with that project. Perhaps you need to clobber the .CPD file and allow RoboHelp to bake up a fresh one.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is when they are opened.  (with out the coloring of course) The first one will ope and I can edit.  the second wone will not open.  That is why I thought I should delete it.

2 contact sheets.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd try clobbering the CPD file and see if that changes anything.

To to that easily, click Tools > Options. Then from the General section, enable the option to clear the CPD.

Click OK and close the project.

tmp1.png

Click File > Close Project.

Then click File and near the bottom should be the project you just closed. Click it to re-open it.

At the time it opens, the CPD should be clobbered and rebuilt. You would then want to turn off the option to clear the CPD.

Give that a go and see if it changes anything.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rick.  I will try this.  But today, when I try to open a project, I get  a box that just says ERROR.  I can click ok, but I am afraid to do any updates.  Do you know the error is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Can you post a screen capture of the dialog?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp