• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF and AJAX editable grid

Participant ,
Feb 08, 2008 Feb 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found one tutorial which doesn't work with data from a db. Javascript RegExp error. Are there other tutorials for populating a grid from a database and then editing, deleting, and inserting a new row using AJAX?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 11, 2008 Feb 11, 2008
Azadi, Thank you for confirming this. Is there a URL where I can find out information like this for myself? I've done quite a bit of searching on the subject of CFGRID and never came across any definite list of features that work in applets or HTML but not Flash. That would be a good thing to know. I do understand, however, some of the new functionality that is available with CF 8. Thank you for your help, Azadi.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2008 Feb 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The ajax grid is only available in coldfusion 8, other than that you can use any Ajax library to do it on your own. A few people have created custom tags that I believe you can use in earlier version of Coldfusion.

There are two custom tag implementations that you can read about here: http://extjs.com/blog/2008/01/22/ext-growth-and-server-side-community-projects/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary, Thank you for your answer. I'll check out that link and look into Ajax libraries. In the meantime, I've been working wih CFGRID in CFMX. Using the Flash format, when I include "insert="yes"" and/or "delete="yes"", the left margin of the Flash form gets cut off, but when "format="applet"" the form is OK. Also, the picturebar doesn't appear. Do you know of any links to information to problems with the CFGRID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as garry said, not all attributes of cfgrid tag are applicable to all
types of cfgrid.
the ones you are asking about are only applicable to cfgrid
type="applet" (with delete='yes' applicable to HTML grids as well) and
DO NOT work in type="flash"

---
Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com
http://www.sabai-dee.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Azadi, Thank you for confirming this. Is there a URL where I can find out information like this for myself? I've done quite a bit of searching on the subject of CFGRID and never came across any definite list of features that work in applets or HTML but not Flash. That would be a good thing to know. I do understand, however, some of the new functionality that is available with CF 8. Thank you for your help, Azadi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
cf8 livedocs: livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/
you can download pdf docs from adobe, too, and, of course, the html docs
come with cf installation (access via cf administrator)

---
Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com
http://www.sabai-dee.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation