• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems activating Adobe Viewer

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased an e-reader a LEGGO from IBS Italy.  I have purchased two books but I can't download them as they require me to active the device by using my Adobe account.  There is provision for this on the e-reader.  I tap in logging  in with email address and password (the same I used to log in here) but I get a message Activation failed.  ( E-AUTH_FAILED. http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept"SignInDirect -(then my email address) and then CUSO5051  or it could be CUS05051.

The adobe activation is necessary due to the DSM or ePUB ( I can't understand it - something to do with protecting copyright) with respect to the books I have purchased.  This means I can't read the books without activating the Adobe account.  What is going wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a simlar thread on another forum: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/314957

Could you check if that discussion helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you check you see another person  bmcconnell later complains of the same problem but there is no solution suggested.  I tried to open a different account but it wouldn't let me as the email address was the same. 

Now I get a different message "Activation failed (E_STREAM_ERROR: CURL returned 1 (1)

It is interesting that the message has changed.  But it still makes no sense to me and I still can't download the books I purchased from IBS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Tabethamia.

I know it's been long time since you wrote your last post. So, my question for you (if you ever read this again) is: have you resolved the problem with the last message: "Import failed [E_STREAM_ERROR: CULR returned 1(1)]"????

Please, let me know. I am in the same situation you were then. Unable to download = purchase ebooks ANYMORE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines