Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp x5

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2008 Feb 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,
I am using Robohelp X5 for generating HTML help. In our company we are 2 technical writers, so the project is created in my pc and tha folder is shared to the other collegued also. i am facing a problem where the folder in the project is missing after the following error message: the instructionsa at "0x73dd11c7" refferenced memeory at "0x0000004". the memrory could not be read .

please can anyone suggest remedies to overcome it.

Thanks in Advance for the suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Unless you are using source control, RH cannot be used across a network and sharing your drive is the same.

Either you need to split your project and then generate merged help from the two project or you need to implement source control.

The former will entail understanding how merged help works, splitting the project and correcting the broken links that will result. Not a task to be taken lightly. If your output is webhelp, merged webhelp is described on my site.

Implementing source control is something I cannot help you with.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If you go down the source control route you have two options. The first is to use RH's in built source control software. How to use this and set it up is covered by the RH documentation and help file. The second method is to use a third party source control application (e.g. Microsoft's Visual Source Safe). Many sites prefer to use the same source control application as their developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp