• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have not been able to launch Adobe Digital Editions since I switched to Windows 10.

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2015 Sep 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have not found solution in Adobe or Windows websites.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Digital Editions and still no resolution.

Does not return an error message when I try to launch but never opens.

I cannot find a solution to this, $200 + in epubs I cannot use.

I cannot open them as pdfs because they are encrypted from the publishers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck in getting a reply from Adobe. My problem (no permission to copy to my Nook Color), has been ongoing since 2014 and no one has replied to the various threads on the subject. From what I can deduce, is that the only people that come to these forums are those needing help. Where is a geek when you need one???????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you, but if it's any consolation, you aren't the only one. I think there are still a lot of compatibility bugs with Windows 10. I have just posted a similar problem and so has Sarah in Canada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a problem downloading books after my computer crashed.  I reloaded windows 8.1 but when I tried to open downloaded books from the library, all I got was a blank page.  After 3 days of trying - this is what I found out.  That I needed to go to Control Panel - Programs - make a file type always open with a specific programme.  It took some jiggling (and I did not need to do this before) but - hurray!  It worked.  I hope it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Judith. I have tried "Open With" and that doesn't work either, so it doesn't seem like the same problem. Glad you found a solution for your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Judith, but that isn't our problem. The book is sitting right there on the ADE screen  plain as day. We just can't move it to our reader. We get the following message: CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED_No permission to copy the book.

I thought I had to reactivate my account, but noooooo. Got the following error message: Code: E_AUTH_NOT_READY_Digital Editions encountered an error on the Activation Server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hahahahaha this is too funny.... I decided to create a new account, so I used the link on that error message, and it took me to a page on Adobe that said "congratulations on creating your account"... hahaha what new account? Would I be posting on here if I didn't ALREADY have an account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reinstall my operating system, that's when my problem started. When I did, I downloaded a newer version of ADE. Went back to 3.0, but still didn't do any good.

P.S. I didn't upgrade to Windows 10, waiting for them to work out all the bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, problem solved for me. Here is what I did. First I plugged in my Nook, then I went to the drive that it was on, in this case "F". I found the Adobe Digital Editions file folder and deleted it. Then I deleted my copy of Adobe Digital Edition off my computer, using Geek Uninstaller. Then I downloaded the newest version of ADE (4.3), then installed it on my computer. Went to my my library's online e-book website and downloaded a book. Forget the book you had on there before, because it will say you already downloaded it to your device. Then I opened ADE, and before it would let me see if the book was even there, it prompted me to authorize my computer, which I did, using my Adobe account info. Then when that was done, I plugged in my Nook, and it recognized it and authorized it. Dragged the book to my Nook, and it worked. Looked in my Nook and there it was.

I hope this helps others with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response. It doesn't sound like we have the same problem because I cannot even open ADE. Glad to hear you were able to resolve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines