• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Global change tables

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2008 Feb 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are lots of tables in my manuals, all of which are set to be transparent. I realized that they look better when the table borders are solid black, so i would like to change all of them and there are loads! is there a way to do a global change rather than individually changing each table's properties?

Thanks

Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete.
RH does have find and replace tool but for this type of thing I'd recommend you use a tool use as FAR this allows you to find HTML spread over several lines of Truecode. You'll have to do a bit of investigative work to find the best code to use but with some thought it is possible. You may also find that the your table code may be different across tables even though they look the same. Don't forget to take a backup so you can revert back if you need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A recent quick test indicates that with RH7 you can specify the borders from the CSS stylesheet. That did not override existing inline colours but that should not be an issue for you.

I cannot guarantee it will work for your tables and it might be necessary to go to each table and apply a table class. There's probably a way of doing that using a find and replace tool.

It depends on your knowledge of CSS and confidence in undertaking multi file find and replace operations.

Whatever you do, make a backup first. Unless of course you want to be looking for a new job!

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
wow thanks for the awesome response! i will have a play around but im scared as im not too confident <makes backup>

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp