• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to pause a video demo WHILE recording in Captivate 8?

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how do i pause a video demo recording in captivate8?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm under the belief that this should be titled: "how do I pause a video demo while recording in Captivate8"?

In chapter 4 of the help file, captivate reference.pdf, titled "Recording Projects" has a section titled: "Pause while recording projects," which states:

You can pause while recording an Adobe Captivate project. Any action performed after a project is paused is not recorded.

1     Open Adobe Captivate and begin recording a new project or slide.

2     When you want to pause recording, press the Pause/Break key (on Windows) or Cmd + F2 (on Mac OS) on the keyboard.        When you want to restart recording, press Pause/Break or Cmd + F2 again.

Note: You can change the keys that you want to use for pausing or resuming projects in the Preferences dialog box.

You may want to view the Preferences dialog box to view the keyboard shortcuts for recording in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually tried using the Pause key with a Video Demo?  I don't think you will find it works the same way as it does with normal screen by screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand corrected, the help mentions Pause as a keyboard shortcut, but fails to mention that it isn't available for recording a video demo!

Thanks RodWard for keeping the facts straight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the solution then? Of course, the Pause key doesn't work. Settings has an area where we can set keys to stop recording, but there is no pause key mentioned there. Sick of all the comments saying the same thing without actually testing the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 'solution' is that Captivate currently has no ability to pause a Video Demo.  You can Start it and Stop it but not Pause it.

Maybe that's something you could log with Adobe as an enhancement request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources