• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I tell WebHelp to display a specific topic given a helpkey sent from a program?

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently incorporated a third-party product into our software. I imported the help topics from the third-party's online help into our company's online help (with the third party's permission). Within the third party software, they have a help button that makes a context-sensitive call to a topic. In order to do this, I enter the URL of my company's online help and then they append a helpkey to it (for example: http://www.mycompany.com/help/WebHelp?helpkey=tabGeneral&language=en-us). The part in italics is the part they append.

I need to know how to set my online Help package (using WebHelp) to open a specific topic based on the helpkey sent via the URL. Given the above example, how do I tell RoboHelp to open a specific topic within the company's online help if the helpkey is "tabGeneral")?

I know all of the helpkeys that can be sent from the third party. I just don't know how to set up RoboHelp to open a specific topic based on the helpkey sent.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably want to code your MapIDs with the helpkeys to make the mapping back to your topics. Check Peter’s site (grainge.org) or Willam’s (wvanweelden.eu) for CSH how-to info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp