• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scripts to open chm files

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2008 Feb 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 7 chm files and I want to make each accessible from a single topic in another chm file (my "base" chm help file). For example, when a user opens topic 1 in the "base" help, that topic would open for them and one of my other chm files would open in a separate window. I am trying to do this by inserting a script into each topic. I can't figure out the text or format for the script. Has anyone tried this and can you send me an example script if so? I know I could potentially merge the 7 chm files into the table of contents of my "base" help, but that I am trying to match how the files worked when they were created years ago in Winhelp format using Doc-to-help (in which case an ExecFile script or command was used in a topic to automatically open another Winhelp file).

Thanks in advance for any ideas,
Karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 11, 2008 Feb 11, 2008
Hi Karen

Hop over to my site and download my Tips & Tricks file. I've got an article inside that should help.

Here is a direct link Click here.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen

Hop over to my site and download my Tips & Tricks file. I've got an article inside that should help.

Here is a direct link Click here.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh how rude of me!

Forgot to say: welcome to our community!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2008 Feb 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the welcome and link to your site. I will take a look and hope to have success. Will send an update later in the week after I've tried things out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2008 Feb 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks again for the recommended solution. I used the HTML shortcut button solution recommended in your "Launching external .CHMs" tip topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp