• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

downloaded the activex and plugin windows .exe files, but neither is an .exe file.

Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither download is a .exe file as they were just 4 days ago.  Both now download as some strange file which windows does not recognize and asks for which program to open with.  This is wrong.

Downloaded from the distribution page.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Please try to download flashPlayer offline installer from below link:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

-Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ginom29,

What is the file extension that is being saved as?  The files are posted as EXEs.  What OS and browser (including version) are you using to download the files?  Are you using the English version of the page, or a localized version?  If localized, which locale?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download default is what it's being saved as.  Windows 7 on two different pc's, i.e. 10 & 11.  Yes using the English version.  Never had the issue prior to this week.

Gino.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mplayer1,

I'm not sure what 'download default' means. What file extension is being used? The Windows installers on that page are EXE and MSI file types (you can verify this by hovering over the link, or copying and pasting the link).  If the file is being saved as some other format it's possible something on the system changed.

I did find this article, Default File Type Associations - Restore - Windows 7 Help Forums, but I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to or not, and can't vouch for the solution as I've not used it before.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

In other words, when you click the .exe file link we are not changing anything.  The file comes in as being provided by Adobe.  For some reason Adobe is not sending the file out as a .exe file.  I did some further testing to verify that.

If you manually add the .exe to the file save option the file does come across correctly.  I never had to do that before this week so apparently Adobe's server is not providing the file as it should.

Can you please check with your internal server admin to find out why the files are not being provided correctly?  Again this issue is on multiple computers which used to download the same files fine just a week ago.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Gino Mollica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ginom29,

Myself and several others are not able to reproduce. Has anything changed on these computers since the last time you were able to download without experiencing this issue?  Did you review the page I linked to previously?

Does this happen with just the EXE installer links on the page, or can you reproduce with other file types (e.g. MSI)?

Are you able to reproduce with other browsers?

Do you have anti-virus software enabled?  If so, please try disabling and downloading the file

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's just the .exe files.  The .msi files download properly.

Tried using Chrome browser, same results as with i.e.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines