• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shockwave player

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not get shockwave player to load properly on my new Windows 7 - 64 bit computer.  Am trying to play .swf files.

It seems that Shockwave is not downloading properly because it is not showing in my "programs" - Adobe flash is there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you see on the Welcome page? Which browser are you running? Chrome will not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shockwave was in my programs and I removed it because one of the suggestions I received was to remove it and then reload it.  Now I don't seem to be able to reload it at all.  I just got a new computer that is Windows 7 - 64 bit.  I had a number of files that were .swf that I can no longer read.  Am not the most computer literate - but can follow directions well 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK guys - Shockwave is back in my programs like it was originally.  Now I just have to figure out how to get my computer to recognize it so I can run files that have .swf as their extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I do not understand: where in your "programs" do you see Shockwave Player? Can you post a screenshot: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

But as I wrote in my earlier post, .swf files are played by Flash Player, not Shockwave Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 19, 2015 Sep 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like Pat said: you won't open .swf files with the Shockwave Player. You need the standalone Flash Player that he provided a link to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither Flash Player nor Shockwave Player will show up in your "programs"; both are browser add-ons, not executable programs.

However, these .swf files - are they on your local disk?  If so, you will need the standalone Flash Player (Projector) http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines