Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble when creating links

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2008 Feb 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

I use RoboHelp6 HTML, and i'm using the FlashHelp as the output layout.

When I work on a topic in the WYSIWYG Editor, I try to create links between a Word document or even a webpage that I have created from the Word document.

When I go to click on the link that I have created in the topic it shows that I have created a link but I can't actually visualize the link.

When I go to generate the project, and see if the link works from there. It doesn't even show the letter in blue or something to show that there is a link attached.

Can somebody please tell me how to create links step by step?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2008 Feb 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unclear from your post whether you are linking to a topic in the same RH project, how the topic was created (e.g. from a Word document), whether you are linking to a Word/Web file that is external to the RH project or inside a different RH project. Can you clarify further and then we will try and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2008 Feb 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a link in the WYSIWYG Editor, it shows that there's a link attached, but when I go to click on it in the WYSIWYG Editor it just brings me right back to the link page.

When I go to generate the project, it shows that there's no link whatsoever made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LB-25

Links don't actually work in the WYSIWYG editor. You need to preview or publish in order to see them.

What, precisely are you linking to?

* A Bookmark
* A different Topic page
* A Baggage File
* A URL
* An external document of some type

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I'm linking to a webpage.

I created the webpage from a word document and i just saved it as a webpage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Can you display the link properties, select and copy, then paste the link here please?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

../../../../../../../Projects/RAAS Documentation/In Progress - Lissa/Lissa's Pictures for the Help Module/Batching Work Order Items/Batching Work Order Items-1/BATCHING WORK ORDER ITEMS.htm

that's the link that i'm trying to use for this particular topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Woooowwww, that's some long path! Do you really have that many folder levels? ../ is shorthand that says Up One Folder. So in this case, you have a page attempting to link seven folder levels above where it lives. I don't suppose there is any way to screen capture your folder structure for this project and post to an image sharing site. Here is one:
http://www.turboimagehost.com.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also good practice to avoid spaces in folder and file names when you're going to be linking. Though even if spaces caused problems in the browser being able to find the linked page, I doubt spaces would be the cause of text not being recognized as a link in the first place...

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the links are inside web pages and word documents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there anyway that i can just show you ...or you dont have the time right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It seems that I have been complicating myself....instead of using the webpage i tried the word document and it works.

Thanks for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp