• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Can I Save/Export As WMV, MOV, AVI, MPG or FLV?

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I see and understand the Publish + Share option but I don't see anywhere from it to save/export as WMV, MOV, AVI, MPG, or FLV file formats. I had a much older version of this program and it was no problem to do it. Also, the Export under File is always grayed out and I don't now how to change that in case those options to save it in the above files are there.

Glenn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Glenn

Please remind me what computer operating system you are using for your Premiere Elements 13?

I do not think that is involved. I suspect it is the thin scroll bar but let us check that out.

PE13PS.JPG

Let us say that you want want to export an .avi file, you use that thin scroll bar to scroll through

MPEG

AVCHD

XAVC-S

AVI

Windows Media

QuickTime

Audio

until you scroll to AVI and then make your choice of preset for AVI. If you decide the AVI default preset is not what

you want, then you press on the Advanced

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glenn

There is no longer an Adobe Flash Video export in Premiere Elements 13, but as for the rest, please see

Publish+Share

Computer

and its choices for

MPEG

AVCHD

XAVC-S

AVI

Windows Media

QuickTime

Audio

then set Presets for the choice....you can use the default settings for the preset or customize it under its Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab

if your preset choice has that opportunity.

There is an opportunity for .mp4 exports also under Publish+Share/Mobile Phones and Players.

The tricky part about Publish+Share/Computer/ is that not all the choices are seen unless you use the thin scroll bar to the right of the choices

to scroll down to the rest of the list.

13 Export.JPG

Once you get beyond version 7, the File Menu/Export is just for saving titles created in the Titler.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have PE13, I click Publis+Share/Computer, I look and scroll down all the presets, there is nowhere on any of those that say AVI or WMV. Please explain where those are?

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glenn

Please remind me what computer operating system you are using for your Premiere Elements 13?

I do not think that is involved. I suspect it is the thin scroll bar but let us check that out.

PE13PS.JPG

Let us say that you want want to export an .avi file, you use that thin scroll bar to scroll through

MPEG

AVCHD

XAVC-S

AVI

Windows Media

QuickTime

Audio

until you scroll to AVI and then make your choice of preset for AVI. If you decide the AVI default preset is not what

you want, then you press on the Advanced Button for that AVI preset to get at the preset customization area.

As you can see, there is more scrolling to be done to get to Windows Media (wmv) which is further toward

the bottom of the list.

Please consider and let us know the outcome. If those choices are really missing, then we are in major trouble

which may require a program uninstall, ccleaner run through, and reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! I thought you mention that point down tiny arrow which does show more options, thanks.

Hey, buy the way do you happen to know which file type uses the least amount of size but retains great audio?

Thanks, Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glenn

Thank you for the reply.  Those scrolled down to Computer options at the bottom of the list are easily overlooked, especially with that tiny scroll bar.

For the smallest file size, I would go with the Windows Media choice. For retains great audio...? But, I think you would get great results with

Windows Media choice and Audio Codec = Windows Media Audio 10 Professional. See customization of the audio settings for the video audio file under Advanced Button/Audio Tab of the Window Media choice preset. Lots of customization opportunities.

Remember, you do not have to settle for the default settings for default presets. Check out what can be set under the Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab of the preset that you select for AVI or other choices. Bitrate settings there can allow you find a compromise between bitrate level, file size, and quality.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2015 Sep 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac OS X and Adobe Premiere Elements 12. The only options for save as under computer are:

Adobe Flash

MPEG

AVCHD

XAVC-S

Quicktime

Audio.

I always have to convert my video to WMV in wondershare converter.   I'm realizing that maybe my program doesn't show the WMV option because I don't have windows media installed on my mac. This shouldn't matter, but wondering if it would help. My program is really buggy (like no playback when I press spacebar). I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it didn't help with all that I'm talking about.  Hesitant to upgrade if it won't fix these problems. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

troodiva

WMV (Windows Media Video) is a Windows Only Format for Premiere Elements import or export.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/supported-file-formats-premiere-elements.html

Have you looked at the H.264.mov or H.264.mp4 files for import and/or export for your Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Mac.

For .mov, see QuickTime export choice under Publish+Share/Computer/

For .mp4, see AVCHD and its MP4 choices under Publish+Share/Computer/

It might be a good idea to discuss your need to convert your source at all. Please consider and supply details.

Thank you.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create all my videos in my MAC and then convert them to WMV, which I then transfer to my Windows laptop which I take to my performances. This is why I need the option of saving/exporting as a WMV. I just don't see that option (and yes, I know about the drop down box).  My way around this has been to make my video in MOV then converting it to WMV in wondershare Mac converter.  But the formatting doesn't always come out right.  I see that there should be an option on my Premiere Adobe Elements to save as/export WMV, but like I said, it's not there.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

troodiva

Where did you get the idea that "...there should be an option on my Premiere Adobe Elements to save as/export WMV....".

Use are using a Mac computer, not a Windows computer.

Although I am strictly an Elements Windows user, based on previous discussions in this forum and other sources of information, I can tell you that you should not be finding an export choice for Windows Media or AVI under Publish+Share/Computer/ when you are using Premiere Elements Mac. Please recheck the Adobe Import Export Supported Formats link that I posted for you in post 16.

Please let me know what information you have to indicate that you should be finding an WMV export from your Premiere Elements Mac.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, ok. That’s all I needed to know. I saw the options listed when others asked similar question. I’ve got other programs just for Mac with the options of exporting to all formats, including WMV, but I rather use this one because I’ve been using this program for years. Thank you, I appreciate you getting back to me. I’ll just keep doing what I’ve been doing then. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

troodiva

Thanks for the reply.

I did some online searching for Window Media Video export from any Mac application (not Premiere Elements) and found some interesting discussions.

Most seem to get caught up in "Windows Only for the Windows Media Video export".

By any chance, is a software named Fip4Mac involved in any of what you saw for exporting a wmv version from a Mac computer?

Here is link with more details which are not relating to Premiere Elements

http://www.lehigh.edu/~inmedia/digital_standards_guide/pdfs/QT%20Pro%20+%20F4M%20to%20convert%20WMV....

Please consider.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PM13 I can not find how to save in MOV format.  Yes I used all the scroll down options.

Please help.  Thank you. JB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lungs

What is PM13? Is that Premiere Elements 13/13.1? And, what computer operating system is involved?

You should be able to go to Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime and find the QuickTime presets and Advanced Button/Video Tab, Audio Tab, and, if applicable, Multiplexer Tab settings.

What do you find under Publish+Share/Computer/? You should see the following as your scroll through the list..

MPEG

AVCHD

XAVC-S

AVI

Windows Media

QuickTime

Audio

How much of that list do you find?

If you are not getting QuickTime presets, do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements, and are you running the programs as administrator.

Please review and consider and give more details as necessary to explain your situation.

Thank you.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me more specific;

I can choose quicktime and it does save as mov (tried all the different formats) but it only plays the audio and the video does not show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lungs

I did not see your reply 7 until after I had posted 8.

What are the specific settings that you are using under Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime?

Are you using the default settings or customizing the preset under the preset's Advanced Button/Video Tab, Audio Tab? Please detail.

What are the properties of your source media that are represented in this export.

Are you having any video/audio display issues before the export?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specific Settings;

1. Tried the all the default ones that show.  Only sound no video.  Tried a few custom, same results.

Original files are all mov and they play fine with windows media player and power dvd.

Using win 8.1 pro, premiere elements 13.1

Properties of original file and it does play fine in the PM13 timeline.

Type: MPEGMovie

File size: 432.9 MB

Frame Rate: 23976

Source Audio: 48000 Hz-16bit Stereo

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz- 32 bit floating point Stereo

Total duration 2.58

Pixel Aspect Ration: 1.0

There are 4 files with text screens in between.  All the other files are the same except in size.

Thank you for trying to help.

JB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot, I do not have quicktime installed but it should not matter if Windows Media can play the mov as well as Power DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JB

Premiere Elements requires that QuickTime be installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements and both be run as administrator.

If you go to Control Panel/Programs, do you confirm that you do not find QuickTime 7 or QuickTime Pro installed?

If you are telling me the you are not getting video in your .mov exports and you do not have QuickTime installed, the QuickTime install needs to be done to rule it in or out....based on history ruled in.

But, your details are not coming together yet. I would question how you are getting QuickTime presets for your QuickTime export without a QuickTime install. The details are not blending at this point.

Are there any other details that would clarify this situation further. Please consider the QuickTime 7 install and administrator status.

https://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

We will watch for further news. Other considerations are secondary to the QuickTime install situation.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ATR,

Thank you for your help and in being persistent on my install of Quicktime.

Media Player was playing .mov files right off my Canon camera after import to the computer.  Not sure why since I did not have quicktime installed.  The only thing I can think of is that I do have iTunes and it might have some sort of file built in to play all mov upon installed in Media Player.  My OS is win 8.1 Pro.

After I installed Quicktime PM13 worked and I was able to see mov video (not just sound as before) even when played in Media Player.  Was not aware that Quicktime was a requirement of PM13.

Now if I can only find the time to look at the help videos of PM13 and learn how to use it properly so it does not take me half a day to edit a simple video. 

Many thanks,

JB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JB

Thanks for the reply.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions and to ask for clarification. I frequently write that and mean that. When you are just beginning, you want to keep the momentum going and not be discouraged by workflow points that need fine tuning to keep you moving forward in your project.

Key thoughts...do not give up and a can do philosophy. If you have not already, please look at and work through the Expert Guided and Quick Guided tutorial within Premiere Elements 13/13.1. You will do just fine.

Best wishes

ATR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I did not even see that tiny scroll bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simpletoncat

Lots of questions about that thin scroll bar in Publish+Share/Computer/and in Share/Computer/ before it. Easy to overlook.

The sharing area of the current version (14/14.1) is dramatically different than the prior versions.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions or need clarification on your Premiere Elements workflows.

Best wishes

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines