Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Using Robohelp HTML 10.0.1.292

2) Created a webhelp layout at single source layouts

3) Used the XP Blue skin

4) Generated the WebHelp

5) Converted Webhelp to CHM

6) The navigation bar displayed at the top of navigation pane does not display the items though they are configured at the skin

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry, but we need more information. How exactly did you "convert" the WebHelp to CHM?

Did you simply generate a CHM from RoboHelp and expect the skin to be applied?

Did you run the WebHelp to CHM converter script supplied by Adobe?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created webhelp single source layout webhep_layout.  Then I have accessed the properties of webhep_layout: at Navigation, I set Skin Selection to XP Blue. Save and Generate.

Under File menu, Generate --> Webhelp to CHM Converter --> Select Webhelp Output SSL : webhep_layout --> Generate

I didn't run any script.  Just have selected the provided feature.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick. Just a thought but maybe rrsaifan is referring to the browse sequence icons that only appear in the navpane if a topic that is contained in a Browse Sequence is selected?

rrsaifan. In the example below the "About Table Structure" topic is part of a browse sequence so the icons are active.

bs.pngbs1.png

If this still doesn't help you, we need yet more detail. An image of what you are seeing would help with a description of what you are expecting to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting

Capture.JPG

I am expecting

Capture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, now that we know what it is that is happening or what you were expecting, it's easier to tell you why. At first, it sounded like you weren't seeing ANY of the icons and the bars at the top were all blank.

As Colum said, the left and right arrow icons are part of a Browse Sequence. So if you haven't defined a Browse Sequence (And enabled it in the single source layout recipe) you don't see those icons in WebHelp.

The drop down that reads Content_1 is part of the Content Categories feature. It will only be present if you have defined multiple categories in your help. And to be honest, I'm not 100% sure that this particular feature even works in a WebHelp to CHM file. It may, but then again it may not, as it relies on multiple sets of your WebHelp files being created.

The recycle icon is only going to show up if you choose to manually synchronize your TOC. Typically WebHelp is configured to automatically synch. Hence, you don't usually see that icon even in WebHelp.

My guess is that if you generate JUST WebHelp, you will see the same thing the CHM is presenting. So nothing broken, just a misunderstanding of what the different options do.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick.

Did you manage to sort this issue? I too am have a similar problem which might be related.

When I run the Webhelp SSL with a skin I have created and the convert to a .CHM file I get a 'Show' link in the top left of my window. This is very annoying as I feel I need to write a help file on how to use the help file, when all I want is the window to display correctly. I have attached images of my dilemma.

Many thanks

Greg

Show.jpgFull.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg

What you are showing is how I would expect a topic to appear in WebHelp output to present if you are linking to a topic within the WebHelp and you have the option named "Show Navigation Pane Link in Topics" enabled.

tmp1.png

Is this happening immediately after opening the help? Or perhaps a better question is to ask exactly how you are opening the help?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

thank you for getting back to us. It turns out the program the help file is intended for has been hard coded to read a specific page by calling up a specific topic ID. We have now changed the code in the program and all is well.

Many thanks

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh yes. Thanks Colum. Been a really weird week and hope things settle. (had to do a memorial service for a dear friend that committed suicide)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp