• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 7 not recording what's in the frame

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2015 Mar 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In video demo mode, I'm using a custom-sized frame. Captivate 7 is not recording what's in the frame. The object I'm recording appears down and to the right. I tried changing the size of the project from 600 x 800 to 1024 x 768 (the size of my computer screen) but it didn't help. How do I fix this?

I have a lot of video demo to do in this project. I need help ASAP!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Merrie,

Make sure that Captivate 7 is up to date, you can check updates by going into Help > Updates.

Could you tell me which Operating System is it ?

If it is Windows OS, could you Launch Captivate with Run as Administrator Option, and then try recording ?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues.  No matter if I change my monitor resolution or change the recording mode, location of the red box or monitor, it is always recording extra space to the left and below my "red box".  Running win 8.1 and Captivate 7 64 bit.  Please advise!  There are no updates available and I've found no true fixes on the boards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ARe you by any chance capturing screens using dual monitors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and I had to de-tune resolution to 1280, single monitor and full screen it recorded ok.  Is there any way to allow dual monitors or at least get it to record one at 1280 while retaining my higher res workspace on the 2nd monitor?  very frustrating work around..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do this all the time, but it sounds like you're trying to record full screen on the second monitor.  I find THAT's usually not going to work well.

I usually achieve my screen captures by setting the capture size exactly in pixels and careful placement of the content INSIDE that red capture rectangle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this same issue. When I record a software simulation, Cap 7 does not record what's in the frame. It moves the object down and to the right. I am NOT using dual monitors and so wonder what I might try to resolve this issue. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources