• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2008 Feb 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to add additional slides to the end of a recording I keep getting "Another session of Adobe Captivate is currently recording. Please close the other session of Adobe Captivate before trying to record." There is no recording to end that I can find, either within the program or on the task bar, and have to close out of the program. Does ANYONE have the answer???
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 19, 2008 Feb 19, 2008
I think I found the problem! I had an earlier version of Captivate (Macromedia Captivate 1) on my computer. When I removed that version, it seems to work fine now. Perhaps I should have know better but, I've had 2 versions of other software before that didn't cause me a problem.
Thank you both for the help and have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 1leona and welcome to our community

Hmmm, one thing you may try would be to close Captivate saving your current project along the way, then restart Captivate and re-open your project. Then click the “Record” button on your toolbar and see if it still balks.

I really wish I had a better answer than that, as I do believe I've seen this issue posted here before. And I don't believe I've ever seen a conclusive “this fixed it” type of answer or reply.

So give this a go and see if it helps any. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it will!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting the computer is a temporary fix but I hate having to do this all the time when it starts locking up and not allowing me to stop recording. If anyone has a fix, download, answer you would be my HERO!
Leona :-)
Thanks for the reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again 1leona

Just curious. Did you misunderstand my suggestion of restarting Captivate to mean restarting your Computer?

Or are you saying instead that you have discovered that restarting the computer seems to fix the issue?

Before restarting the computer, I think I'd try pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys to summon the Windows Task Manager. See if you have two entries for Captivate listed in the Applications tab. One may be labeled “Adobe Captivate Capture”. See if you are able to End Task for that one and how things go.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried Control Alt Delete to end the program. I get a message "Program is not responding" Trying to run the program again, I get the same error after I launch it or it won't even launch saying "Another session of Adobe Captivate is currently recording" even though it's not shown in the task bar. Sometimes when relaunching I'm able to start a new capture session but have NEVER been able to add additional slides to an existing project.
I've also tried restarting the computer and get similar errors as above when just restarting the software. It still won't let me add additional slides at the end of a movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cntrl alt delete does list a recording session and the file name I'm working on. However, when closing the recording session it closes both entries and the program ends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Okay, so we know that killing off via the Task Manager doesn't quite do what we need. I'm curious to know if you have tried signaling to Captivate that Recording is complete? You do this by pressing the key labeled End on your keyboard. (Unless you changed it to something different)

You aren't by chance using multiple monitors are you?

Hmmm, how odd. It seems that in my attempts to offer help, I've managed to induce the same symptom here on my own PC! I'm going spelunking and will post back with my findings.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, I really appreciate your help on this matter. I've wasted a couple of days and have grown 12 more gray hairs over this.
I usually stop recording by clicking on the program in the task manager. That has worked in the past. So, I tried using the End key to stop recording.....same problem, it doesn't want to let me quit recording. :-(
Funny how this isn't a problem in Captivate version 1. I'll be checking back here and keeping my fingers crossed that an answer can be found. Thank you. Leona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Well, so far no definitive joy. I'm able to induce the same issue by killing off the recording process using Task Manager. I've closed Captivate and restarted and observed it still thinks I'm recording. About the only thing that seems consistent at this point is that if I close Captivate and leave it closed for perhaps five minutes, it finally terminates whatever process was running and it lets me record again. Darned if I know what process that is though!

I'm still digging on it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2008 Feb 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the only way I've found to add additional slides to an existing Captivate project is to start a new one. Trying to add additional slides at the end or after another slide only locks the program up. So, I start a new project, record the slides needed, copy and paste the slides into the existing project. OMG.....sigh..............................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Well, the only way I've found to add additional slides to an existing
> Captivate
> project is to start a new one. Trying to add additional slides at the end
> or
> after another slide only locks the program up. So, I start a new project,
> record the slides needed, copy and paste the slides into the existing
> project.
> OMG.....sigh..............................
>

I've never found adding slides to be a problem. Any chance you could do with
some extra RAM? I'd expect that 1 Gb would be fine for Captivate ...

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 1 GB of RAM.
Leona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I have 1 GB of RAM.

:-(

Have you tried updating your graphic card drivers to the latest version?
Sometimes it can fix odd things. Since Captivate relies on screen captures,
who knows ....

Steve

--
Adobe Community Expert: eLearning, Mobile and Devices
My blog - http://stevehoward.blogspot.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2008 Feb 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Dell Optiplex GX620. Is there a website that checks your drivers? I'm not sure how to check this. Thanks much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
>I have a Dell Optiplex GX620. Is there a website that checks your drivers?
>I'm not sure how to check this. Thanks much.

Dell has a wonderful support site that will get you the right drivers.

Steve

--
Adobe Community Expert: eLearning, Mobile and Devices
My blog - http://stevehoward.blogspot.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found the problem! I had an earlier version of Captivate (Macromedia Captivate 1) on my computer. When I removed that version, it seems to work fine now. Perhaps I should have know better but, I've had 2 versions of other software before that didn't cause me a problem.
Thank you both for the help and have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 1leona

I'm so pleased that you seemed to have resolved it!

I'm a bit puzzled, because I have Macromedia Captivate 1, Adobe Captivate 2 and Adobe Captivate 3 all installed and running side by side on my PC. They seem to run without issue.

Thanks for reporting back with what you found, as it may help someone else having the same issues!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources