• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot find Microsoft Word Installed on your system - RH10 - a solution

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started receiving the error "Cannot find Microsoft Word Installed on your system" whenever I tried to generate printed documentation from RoboHelp 10. This occurred after I installed Open Office 3.4.1.

Clicking the "Printed Documentation" option in the SSL pod generated the error. However, right-clicking on the "Printed Documentation" option, selecting "Properties", then clicking "Save and Generate" did work. Go figure.

I am using Word 2007.

All of these suggested solutions to resolve the problem didn't work, unfortunately.

• Uninstalling and reinstalling Open Office with the correct option selected for file associations as suggested here:

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/printing/print_issues.htm#other_issues

• Tried reinstalling the MPJ2DOC.DLL as suggested here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/error-cannot-find-microsoft-word.html

• Tried all the suggestions here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4173839

• Spent 2 hours with Adobe support (they were helpful but could not fix the problem) uninstalling and reinstalling RoboHelp, including reinstalling and registering the dll again.

Finally I fixed the problem by following the simple solution here. I found that the problem was that the Word file associations were corrupt and you simply need to reregister word.

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...gisterWord.htm

Here's the solution in case the  link does not work:

How to re-register Word when problems crop up opening files

Article contributed by Cindy Meister Cindy's web site

If you find that Word files do not open in the desired version of Word when you double-click them in Windows Explorer, or that when opening them from the Desktop or Explorer, a series of messages appear claiming that the file cannot be opened, such as:

Cannot open C:\My
Cannot open "Documents\The
Cannot open "Test.doc"

.. you need to re-register Word.  To fix the problem:

Word 97 and above

1. Click Start | Run (bottom- left corner of your screen).
  2. In the Open box, type:
  3. winword /r

and press Enter. Note that there is a space before the forward slash

Word 95

1. Locate the file winword.reg on your system
  2. Double-click it to re-register Word

Hope this helps anyone else who has struck this problem.

Cheers Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that. I will add it to my site as I am sure others will find it very useful.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

i was having the same issue and i try to run winword /r and after re try the robohelp  same issue

i have office 2010 and robohelp 10

if i try to replace the dll it crash all the time

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not surprised that the DLL is crashing your system. If you read the Knowledge Base item for that file it specifically refers to RoboHelp 9. Your first step is to restore the correct DLL for Rh10. I hope you backed it up.

What is your operating system?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Is your Normal.dot file on your local drive or on a network.

Are you generating the printed document to your local drive?

At what point does the generation crash?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What is your operating system? windows 7 64bits french

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? not yep

Is your Normal.dot file on your local drive or on a network. local

Are you generating the printed document to your local drive? yes both same issue

At what point does the generation crash? when i press the button to generate a pdf or doc file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try with a sample project. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

Does that crash?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even if i create a brand new project and press the generated document i get the same error microsoft word is not installed

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt it will make any difference but please try a sample project rather than something you have created. No offence meant but the sample projects are a known quantity.

Also you did restore the original Rh10 project didn't you? Until that is in place, no test is valid.

If the sample does fail, then I would try uninstalling and reinstalling first.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i try to uninstall robo help and reinstall same issue

i open a ticket with adobe and they cannot help me everything i try failed

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell us what version of RH you are using and you OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

im using windows 7 64 bits and robohelp 10

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bit of a guess but maybe the fact that you've replaced the DLL has confused things a bit. If you have tried one of the sample projects as Peter advised and it still fails, try uninstalling/reinstalling Word followed by RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We failed to reproduce the issue at our end even with the exact configuration that you mentioned.

Assuming that you have launched MS Word atleast once and enabled the macros, could you please let us know your findings for the below scenarios:

1. Try reproducing the issue with a new project.

2. Share the screenshot of the error message that you encountered.

It will be great if you share your email id also.

Thanks,

Aditi

RH Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kerm007

Email addresses are best kept off forums. As Aditi is an Adobe employee, I can let her have your address.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean  you want me to post my direct email ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kerm007

No. I mean do not post it on a forum.

I will let Aditi know the address. I have access to it as a forum moderator.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did they ever come up with a solution for this problem?  I am experiencing the exact same thing. Using RoboHelp 10, on Windows 7, 64 bit. Whenever I select Generate, PDF Output, I get the following error displayed in a pop-up dialog:

Cannot find Microsoft Word installed on your system.

I already tried to use winword /r to solve the problem, but it did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Word do you have and is it the 32 or 64 bit installation. The latter will not work and Microsoft warn about its compatibility with other programs.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I also have this problem, using a 32 bit installation, Robohelp 10, Microsoft Word 2013. 

The message I get is actually "A supported version of Microsoft Word does not exist. Please install Microsoft Word 2000 or newer" when I Right click > Generate from the SSL pod,

or "Microsoft Word is not installed" when I right click > Batch Generate > Printed documentation .

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RoboHelp 10 supports Office 2010 and earlier, not Office 2013. You may want to check out this thread: Re: Importing Word 2013 files into existing projects in RH10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp