• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview slides or project - Captivate 9

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I preview slides in my project - or if I preview my project as "project" - none of my timing works  I have been through the tutorials, Help Manuals and have double checked my work.  I don't know what is wrong.  I am on a brand new i7 with 12 GB of RAM. 

• My CC only show my first line of captions.  The caption never changes  even though my audio continues.  I've checked my tags and timing
  • Sometimes, when I preview, my videos play; sometimes they don't play
  • My text entries that are timed with my audio and video don't show up at the right time.  Sometimes they show up all at once; sometimes they show up but in the wrong order.  I've checked my timing and when I use the play button on the bottom of the timing screen - the timing is perfect.  It just goes off kilter when I preview.
  • My "Continue" buttons don't work even though my Image button set to go to next page & Properties Action on Enter= Pause.

I'm wondering if the Previews are set to open up in a browser that doesn't support Captivate 9 well.  Any thoughts?  I'm new to forums, is this the only way I can get help?  Is this something tech support could help with?

SL

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you may be just learning how to use Captivate.

Closed Captioning may not be synchronized properly with your audio clips and that's why it's not changing.  Have you synched it up in the Slide Audio dialog?

Whether videos play automatically or not could be due to whether you've inserted them as Slide Video or Event Video.

You seem to be 'previewing' in Edit mode, which is not a good guide because it does not stop timeline playback when encountering interactive objects and their pause points.  My guess is that you have some of these interactive objects on your timeline and that's why your timing doesn't seem to be working predictably at run-time.

The Continue buttons not working could also be due to other settings that prevent navigating to the target slide.  E.g. Quiz > Settings > Required might not be set to Optional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for responding!!!!  Yes... LOL.... I am indeed a "newbie".  I have looked as best I can at your suggstions.  I wonder if I could bother you for an explinataion....

• You seem to be 'previewing' in Edit mode, which is not a good guide because it does not stop timeline playback when encountering interactive objects and their pause points.

I'm not exactly sure what you man by Edit mode.  When I am creating and editing slides (I assume this is indeed the Edit mode) I am previewing by using the Preview button on the ribbon.  I get multiple options...(play slide; from this slide: next 5 slides; project; preview in SCORM cloud; In Adobe Edge Inspect).  I have both synchronized and event videos in my project. 

Is there other method to Preview this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most previews usually have some limitations as far as whether or not they accurately reflect what the end result will be.

The most reliable 'preview' for any Captivate content is to publish out to the desired format and upload it to where ever the end users will play it from.  That's the optimum.

But of course that may take too long for the types of quick checks you want to perform while developing, which is why Adobe has provided so many other preview options.  Just remember that if you are not seeing what you expect with one of the previews, before wasting DAYS trying to figure out what's wrong, just publish and play the content as it would be finally delivered.  Many times you will find that there is in fact no issue to worry about. 

In fact it's a good idea to do this regularly anyway because sometimes this full publish will also reveal your design is in some way flawed and the previews are NOT telling you everything you need to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  I will try this next.  And thanks again for your quick replies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your concern.I am from the Captivate engineering team and if you find your issue still persists,please do drop your project at a shared location(say dropbox) or mail it  to adtiwari@adobe.com.I would also like to know whether your issue is specific to a particular slide or any specific object that you are not able to preview and which preview option you are trying.

Thanks,

Aditya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have just sent a file to you via drop box.  it is titled "LAFATA Cant get rid of keyboard mouse sounns.  I assume you will be able to see my settings... but just in case:

I am set up for Training Simulation.  I have my keyboard sounds turned OFF in the Training Mode settings and in the General Recording Settings.  I do have the Keyboard option checked because I want the viewer to SEE my keystrokes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources