• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash 19.0.0.185 Scup MSI is not removing the 18.0.0.232 installs

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have deployed the Scup Package for the Flash Plugin and Activex to our lab and noticed that the install is not removing the 18.0.0.232 install(s).  Both previous versions are still in Add\remove on the updated boxes and some of the files from the previous version still remain in the system32\macromed\flash folder.

Can someone take a look at these updates?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We noticed that too.  I emailed their support group, I am waiting to see if they have an internal bug logged and if so, an ETA on when an update will be released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. We noticed the same too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue in our environment:

Logs don't show any error:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same exact issue when Flash 19.0.0.185 is deployed VIA SCUP and SCCM.

9-23-2015 8-18-00 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, do you have an ETA on when we can expect a fix or new updates / Scup Catalog release that will fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bet it won't be fixed as soon as we would like... I've seen that, in the past, it took weeks or months to fix these installation issues. But at least an official workaround from Adobe would be highly appreciated (perhaps a script to run after installation is successful, to remove the rubbish that is left).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is a known bug and is being addressed in the next release of Flash Player.

Flash Player IS being updated, but the entry for the previous version is not being removed.  At this time a script to clean up the Control Panel orphaned Control Panel entries is not available.

An update will be posted to Re: Flash Player 18 not uninstalling 17.x or older versions during upgrade and Re: Flash player 18.0.0.232 not uninstalling 17.x and older versions during upgrade when the fix is available.  Please follow one of those two threads.

Thank you and we apologize for the inconvenience.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is my solution. I use a batch file to silently install the flash updates. Since 18 is not uninstalling on it's own, I simply add the msi uninstaller for 18 to my batch file. Example:

c:\windows\system32\msiexec /i l:\flash\install_flash_player_19_active_x.msi /qn

c:\windows\system32\msiexec /i l:\flash\install_flash_player_19_plugin.msi /qn

msiexec /x {57B3953E-BB96-418D-9228-57B7082B921A} /q

msiexec /x {76CF5170-31B4-490F-89CE-5820EF416822} /q

The GUID will need to be changed depending on what version you have installed. I have 203 installed, so the above is for 18.0.0.203.

You can go to MSI GUIDs | Flash Player | Windows for the GUID for your version, including older versions than 18.

note I have two different msi installs because I have the active X and the NPAPI installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines