• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

uninstalled flash player 19 by mistake how do i reinstall?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I uninstalled windows 10 flash player 19 by mistake, how do i reinstall it? On my PC it states NPAPI & PPAPI Plugins not installed, but I don't know how to get them ? Can anybody help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

I’ll try to be brief on what happened, on the 21st I received a windows 10 update (KB3087040) it failed to install over 24 hrs 10 times (ironically it’s now downloaded) but I  tried various attempts to install this, eventually I went on a various forums to find an answer, one of which said uninstall / reinstall adobe flash player, I could only find this  in uninstall programs (adobe flash player 19 NPAPI) so I did this only to find I could not reinstall from adobe or elsewhere, on adobe web page

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Windows 10 comes with flash embedded in Internet explorer and Edge. Also Chrome also has built in flash player.

I am assuming that you are facing problem in Firefox or Opera dev.

Please visit Flash Player Help link to download latest flash player.

-Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brianb11460832,

Did you uninstall Flash Player for IE/Edge or a different browser?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ll try to be brief on what happened, on the 21st I received a windows 10 update (KB3087040) it failed to install over 24 hrs 10 times (ironically it’s now downloaded) but I  tried various attempts to install this, eventually I went on a various forums to find an answer, one of which said uninstall / reinstall adobe flash player, I could only find this  in uninstall programs (adobe flash player 19 NPAPI) so I did this only to find I could not reinstall from adobe or elsewhere, on adobe web page it told me to follow these direction which showed a cartoon type drawing working but so far I cannot install adobe flash player on my pc, it may be on in another form e.g. firefox but nothing has shown up in uninstall programme’s from where I deleted it. As I’ve said I cannot download this because it states that I’ve got an 18 version on but I don’t know where. I hopes this helps you.

Regards Brian

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brianb11460832,

Apparently there were issues with Microsoft's Windows 10 Flash Player for Internet Explorer/Edge update released yesterday (KB3087040).  We've been able to install it on a couple of systems so Microsoft may have fixed the issue.  Please try running Windows Update again to install the update.

The standalone installer does not remove Flash Player for IE on Windows 8 and above.  This is because Microsoft embeds Flash Player on this platforms and considers Flash Player a component of IE/Edge, therefore, there isn't a separate Control Panel entry for Flash Player for IE/Edge on these platforms.  If you have Flash Player for other browsers (e.g. Firefox, Opera) installed, then the uninstaller would have removed that version of Flash Player.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the information, apparently it was Firefox that I deleted in uninstall programmes and I got my browsers mixed up edge/ firefox  when I tried to install from adobe, good news is adobe flash player 19NPAPI is back in control panel/uninstall programmes. Everything seems to be working.  Thanks again. Regards Brian

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines