• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation of Flash player 19.0.0.185 - "Application initialization error" message

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having read on the story Critical Flash Player updates patch 23 flaws | PCWorld , I followed the link on the page to update the version on my laptop to 19.0.0.185.

Before I did this I ran an anti-virus scan of my laptop, using the Kaspersky Total Security program, which showed the already installed version of flash player was a vulnerable program which needed to be updated. I then uninstalled the current version and tried to update to the new release version 19.0.0.185.

When I tried to install the update, I saw the message "Application initialization error". I have tried this update several times with the same result.

My laptop is running Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Build 7601, Internet Explorer 11 with Kaspersky Total Security 2015 (15.0.2.361).

Please can someone help me to get this problem solved as I want to try to get this update installed as soon as possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Hi stewartb1985,

I'd like to get the online installer log file from you to investigate further.  Please do the following:

1. Launch Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\
  2. Create an empty text file named ADM.trace (right-click in an empty area and select New > Text Document and name it ADM.trace).
  3. Run the online installer again

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stewartb1985,

I'd like to get the online installer log file from you to investigate further.  Please do the following:

1. Launch Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\
  2. Create an empty text file named ADM.trace (right-click in an empty area and select New > Text Document and name it ADM.trace).
  3. Run the online installer again until it returns the error
  4. In Windows Explorer go to C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
  5. Upload the two files, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log, using the instructions How to share a document
  6. Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

It's possible Kaspersky is interfering with the update.  Can you try disabling Kaspersky and running the installer?  Pleae do so after obtaining the log files.

If you continue to get the error with Kaspersky disabled, please try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page in the 'Still having problems' section.

Please do provide the log file as it will assist in determining why the error is being returned.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Here is the link to the two log files that you have requested - Shared Files - Acrobat.com.

I have tried to install the file again with Kaspersky disabled, with the same result as before.

I will try to install with the offline version to see if that works and will post a reply when I have done so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I have now managed to get the flash player update version 19.0.0.185 installed on my laptop using the offline installer method.

This was done with Kaspersky still running, as the problem only seems to happen when I try to install the update online, and I have downloaded other flash player updates recently without any issues.

Thank you for helping me solve my installation issue.

Regards,

Stewart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stewartb1985,

The initialization error appears to be due to a Root Certificate mismatch.  Did you happen to have a web debugging tool running when attempting to install using the online installer?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem.

And I have Kaspersky Internet Security installed as well.

I encountered the same problem with a few other applications. This is due to the fact that Kaspersky (at least I enabled this option) checks all secure connections and have it's own certificate installed in the system.

To be able to use the online Flash installer you have to disable the option to check any secure connections at all (while the installation only).

Flash installer uses only it's own certificate? Is it possible to make it accept system certificates as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines