Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application Initialization error - OSX 10.10.4

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried to update my flash player to the latest version but once I had dl the package and try to run it, after clicking on it to start the installation I get a pop up with "Application initialization error" and then I get send back to the page to dl the installer. I've downloaded it numerous time still didn't work. I run the uninstaller and try to re install it completely but I get the same error as before.

I looked up this post I can't install flash player on my mac but it doesnt work with me, any solution?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Hi ralx_ib,

I'd like to get some log files from you for the online installer to troubleshoot further.  If you have a few minutes, please do the following:

1. Go to the ~/Library/Logs directory (this is the User's Library directory, not the system, /Library, directory). 
  2. Create an empty text file named ADM.trace
    1. The file extension itself is .trace, not .txt or anything else.
  3. Run the online installer again until it stops
  4. Locate the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files in the ~/Library/Logs/Adobe_ADMLogs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ralx_ib,

I'd like to get some log files from you for the online installer to troubleshoot further.  If you have a few minutes, please do the following:

1. Go to the ~/Library/Logs directory (this is the User's Library directory, not the system, /Library, directory). 
  2. Create an empty text file named ADM.trace
    1. The file extension itself is .trace, not .txt or anything else.
  3. Run the online installer again until it stops
  4. Locate the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files in the ~/Library/Logs/Adobe_ADMLogs directory
  5. Upload both Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files using the instructions How to share a document‌

I looked up this post I can't install flash player on my mac but it doesnt work with me, any solution?

What do you mean by "doesn't work"?  This post is several years old and contains a bunch of links to old installers that are no longer posted.

The offline installer is posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section.  This installer should work.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to close everything that could use flash from the activity monitor, and I tried to manually mount the image but it didnt do any good either, anyway here are the logs you asked Shared Files - Acrobat.com - I get this error from the adm logs:

[ERROR] |  | ADM |  | ApplicationContext | IPCCommunications |  | 497609 | Error CB_PktID_Terminate

I hope this'll help.

Ah and I did the offline installation and it worked fine thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the online installer logs.  I have forwarded them to the online installer team for investigation.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ralx_ib,

When using the online installer, did you extract 'Install Flash Player.app' from the mounted image and moved somewhere else?  If so, where did you move it to?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

No I have not, after I downloaded it I clicked on the .dmg and followed the usual procedure like I would with any other app. Then after a few unsuccessful try I tried to extract it manually on my desktop but it didn't work either. The log that I sent where from a new try after I re-downloaded and executed the normal process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ralx_ib,

Looks like the logs you have provided are for the case when you have extracted it manually to desktop and launched it.

If you have time, can you please run the online installer again and provide the logs ?

Thanks,

Eswar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi eswar6771017,

Sorry for the late answer, I'm pretty sure I didn't extract it before lauching it but here are the new logs as ask, Shared Files - Acrobat.com I launched the installer directly from the /Download folder.

Hope it help.

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines