Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Assertion Error - Vulcanjs adapter line 449

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

A user is getting this error when using InDesign - any idea what could cause this ?

justin.PNG

Many Thanks

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign? OS? When does the error occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the vagueness - Indesign CC 2015, working on Windows 7.  The user tells me that the error is sporadic, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really enough to go on. Sporadic could mean almost anything.

Always a particular operation? A particular file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the identical error, often, and now consistently reproducible in 2 of 3 Adobe CC products.

On my previous PC (and now on my new one, both running Windows 7 Pro), it occurred shortly after starting Photoshop CC 2015, every time the program was started.  On the new PC, it now occurs fairly often in InDesign CC, as well, and sometimes (intermittently) in Illustrator CC.  You don't even have to open a file, just open the program, to get the error message.

Clicking Abort does nothing but make the error message reappear.  The same thing happens when clicking Retry.  Clicking Ignore does make the error message close until the next time I start the application, but for Photoshop often the swatch library does not appear.

This support thread was helpful/useful with my old PC when the error occurred in Photoshop: Re: Has anybody ever had a random window "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" pop up stating a vul...

However, on my new (within the last month) PC, I've "updated" all the C++ redistributable packages, uninstalled all the Adobe CC apps, reinstalled them, even recreated preferences, all to no avail.  The error is not only still there consistently with Photoshop CC, but it also occurs with some frequency in InDesign CC and occasionally in Illustrator CC.

The Microsoft MSDN site is no help for resolving this C++ assertion error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if updating the CC App helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that already.  I uninstalled all the CC apps, reinstalled them, and have seen no change. 

The IT folks here even updated and changed graphics drivers, and that didn't help this particular issue, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you logged out of the cc app using the gear icon, then quit and restart the app and logged in again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Sometimes that helps, but it doesn't seem to be a permanent solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked because there was an update to the CC App this week that addressed some sort of javascript error on Windows 7....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version of the CC app is 3.4.1.181. You can check that under the "gear" icon > Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.

I've also noticed that the C++ runtime library problem is much more frequent if you turn off IPCbroker.exe, which makes FREQUENT restarts and calls home to Adobe, and it eats up network and processing resources.  So, if you want to get more done on your actual projects, you also incur more C++ errors and library issues.  Somehow Adobe needs to improve their programming with these components to provide less overall system resource drag.  Whether the IPC broker program is for sandboxing or for protecting Adobe's intellectual property, we certainly don't need it to fire away many times per hour.  Checking licensing would be more than adequate on a weekly or monthly basis, and if you're just working with InDesign, or Illustrator, or Photoshop, I doubt you'll encounter that many security risks writing your files to disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve: I notice my CC app updated itself to the latest version this morning, so I do have 3.4.1.181.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

msg erro.png Adobe Photoshop CC 2017...... line 457???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines