Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

18.0.0.241 background update not working

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We use the background update method using extended support release files.

Clients updated to 18.0.0.232 last patch. They are not grabbing the 18.0.0.241 update.

I noticed with version 18 there are /11, /17 and /18 directories in the background update resources cab file. Which set of files should I be using?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Hi,

All files that are included in the cab file must be posted to the server. There have been changes made to the background update service since it was first released.  To maintain backwards compatibility and support new features all directories must be posted.  Delete what you have on your server, extract and post the contents of the cab file just as they are in the cab file (same directory tree structure) to your server. it should look like the following:

\pub\flashplayer\update\current\sau\

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi netadmin03,

To investigate further, please provide the following:

• mms.cfg file from an impacted system
  • FlashInstall.log file, with Background Update verbose logging enabled.
    • To enable verbose logging add SilentAutoUpdateVerboseLogging=1 to the mms.cfg file. Run the Background Update service.
    • If the impacted system is 32-bit, provide the FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.  If the impacted system is 64-bit, provide the FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Please see How to share a document‌ for instructions on uploading the requested files.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

While there are 3 different directories in the update resource cab file, they all contain the same update files. The update service knows which directory to get the update from.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Thank you for responding to my post. Here is the link to my mms.cfg and FlashInstall.log:

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

-Erich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi netadmin03,

Unfortunately, the FlashInstall.log file does not contain any warnings or errors, just informational output.

How are you running the SAU Service?  Are you running the Service, Task, or double-clicking on the FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe file in the Macromed\Flash directory?

Also, please verify that the updated resources are posted correctly to the server.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I started the service and ran the task from task scheduler.

In my first post I mentioned that I see three sets of update files in the background resources cab file. In /11, /17 and /18 directories. Which set of files should I use?

I posted the files to this location /pub/flashplayer/update/current/sau/11/install

and the version.xml to /pub/flashplayer/update/current/sau/11/xml

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

All files that are included in the cab file must be posted to the server. There have been changes made to the background update service since it was first released.  To maintain backwards compatibility and support new features all directories must be posted.  Delete what you have on your server, extract and post the contents of the cab file just as they are in the cab file (same directory tree structure) to your server. it should look like the following:

\pub\flashplayer\update\current\sau\

\11

\install

\install_all_mac_pl_sgn.z

\install_all_win_ax_sgn.z

\install_all_win_pl_sgn.z

\xml

\version.xml

\17

\install

\xml

\version.xml

\18

\install

\xml

\version.xml

\currentmajor.xml

SAU should work as expected.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Maria. That was it!

-Erich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines