Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.NET help and RH X5 (not Pro)

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2008 Feb 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

I just found out that they're upgrading one of our web apps to .NET. We currently use WebHelp (built using RoboHelp HTML) to support this app.

Do I need to do anything to make the help ".NET compatible"? We have RoboHelp Office X5 running on Windows XP. I thought I read somewhere that I need the "Pro" version of RH to make this work properly. In that case, I guess I would need to bite the bullet and upgrade to RH 7.

Thanks,
Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

As long as your developers aren't using the .NET API to make the calls, you shouldn't need anything special. If you need to provide Context Sensitive Help, it's easily accomplished using a standard URL call.

Click here for more

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick!

If the developers ARE using API calls, what do I need to do? (I don't know yet if they are, but I'll certainly find out)

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Jim

Well, I suppose if that turns out to be the case, there's good news and bad news.

First the bad news. (That way the good news is that much better!) The bad news is that you probably will be hard pressed to find someone selling the RoboHelp for DotNet. I believe this is required if that's the approach they are taking.

Now for the good news. Fellow Adobe Community Expert and Certified RoboHelp Instructor John Daigle recently posted here that what eHelp (the former owners of RoboHelp) used to charge for, Adobe is now (are you sitting down?) providing totally within the application at no additional charge! So the DotNet API is now just a part of RoboHelp. So this would provide additional incentive to spring for the upgrade to either the Technical Communication Suite (TCS) or just RoboHelp 7.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp