• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFMAIL and HTML content

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2008 Feb 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a newsletter page for a client and I would like to give him the option of sending it via cfmail but I cant seem to send the dynamic content as I get errors with nesting.

The page is pretty complicated but comes in fine until it is in the cfmail tags.

Is there any way to copy the html of a page and send it to another page to be sent by cmmail?

Any suggestions would help.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 18, 2008 Feb 18, 2008
I have found a great solution in CFINCLUDE. I was able to include the page withing the CFMAIL tags

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> ...I get errors with nesting.

Please post the exact error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for the reply. The code is attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2008 Feb 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error message explains your problem.

Error Occurred While Processing Request
Invalid tag nesting configuration.
A query driven cfoutput tag is nested inside a cfoutput tag that also has a query attribute. This is not allowed. Nesting these tags implies that you want to use grouped processing. However, only the top-level tag can specify the query that drives the processing.

The error occurred in C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\IAEsandbox\Indie\NewsLetterTemp.cfm: line 602
Called from C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\IAEsandbox\Indie\NewsLetterTemp.cfm: line 51
Called from C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\IAEsandbox\Indie\NewsLetterTemp.cfm: line 49
Called from C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\IAEsandbox\Indie\NewsLetterTemp.cfm: line 1

600 : </div>
601 : <div id="FeaturedCDAnnc"> CDs:Editor's Choice</div>
602 : <cfoutput query="getCDs" >
603 : <cfif getCDs.cdID eq getNewsletter.nlCD2 AND getCDs.cdID neq #getSites.cdID#>
604 : <div class="FeaturedCD">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2008 Feb 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jdeline,

Thank you for your response. I use the same code without the CFMail tag and do not get and error. I have removed the information but left all the tags so you could see that nothing is nested Query in Query. Unless the CFMAIL tag is itself a type of query.

Thanks for your time and knowledge,

iam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2008 Feb 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you created the email text in a varaible, then drop it into the CFMAIL tag at the end. That would remove the nesting.

So, you would start a variable at the top and the variable would contain all the HTML you want in the email. You then do all you looping, conditionally adding info to the variable as you loop. Then, at the end just drop the variable into the CFMAIL tag?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2008 Feb 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have found a great solution in CFINCLUDE. I was able to include the page withing the CFMAIL tags

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation