• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When cmd+shift+d does not work on a mac, here's what to do.

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to authorize my new Macbook Pro 2011 for weeks. (I set up and authorized my iPhone with no problem.) Whenever I try to authorize my computer using the Digital Editions instructions given at the bottom of this post, I get the message:

Activation Server error - code E_AUTH_NOT_READY

Digital Editions encounter an error on the activation server.

I've read all the forums and tried everything. To deal with this problem, the answers in the forums say to deauthorize my computer and the reauthorize it but, no matter what I do, I cannot get it to deauthorize. i have tried opening ADE and hitting Command+Shift+D--using command because I have a mac--(tried this in library view and in reader view) but nothing happens. This is different from so many others who have solved this problem using Command+Shift+D. When I hit Command+Shift+D, nothing happens at all. I get no screen so I cannot hit Erase Authorization. I don't know how to get rid of the authorization that must exist somewhere but I don't know where. Only after I get rid of it, will I be able to reautorize my computer so I can read ebooks from the library, etc.

I also tried uninstalling ADE 2.0 and then reinstalling it. I did not get the set-up wizard to help me authorize my computer. So I went to the Help menu and chose "Authorize Computer" and got a window titled "Authorize Your Computer." The eBook Vendor was already shown as Adobe ID. All I had to do was enter my Adobe ID and Password. I did this (which worked successfully on my iPhone) and got the same error screen message noted above:

Adobe Digital Editions

An Error Has Been Detected

Activation Server error - code E_AUTH_NOT_READY

Digital Editions encounter an error on the activation server.

To retry, click the Try Again button.

Cancel button             Try Again button

When I hit "Try Again," the same error message just comes up.

I decided to try step 5 in the instructions below so I navigated to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions. There was a document named "activation.dat" and a file named "Voucher." I dragged the activation.dat file to the trash.

I returned to the Help menu and chose "Authorize Computer" and got a window titled "Authorize Your Computer." The eBook Vendor was already shown as Adobe ID. All I had to do was enter my Adobe ID and Password. I did this and THIS TIME I WAS SUCCESSFUL. I got the following message screen:

Adobe Digital Editions

Your Computer Has Been Authorized

This computer has been successfully authorized to janedoe@domain.net with a Vendor ID.

You are now ready to read Adobe DRM protected items on this machine, and easily transfer them between devices.

SPECTACULAR!!!

SO FOR THOSE MAC USERS WHO HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO DEAUTHORIZE THEIR COMPUTERS USING COMMAND+SHIFT+D, TRY DRAGGING YOUR activation.dat FILE (LOCATION GIVEN ABOVE) TO THE TRASH. THEN TRY TO AUTHORIZE YOUR COMPUTER AGAIN BY OPENING ADE 2.0, CLICKING ON THE HELP MENU, CHOOSING AUTHORIZE COMPUTER, ENTERING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND PASSWORD, CLICKING ON AUTHORIZE (OR WHATEVER THAT RIGHT BUTTON IS), AND YOU WILL MOST LIKELY GET THE MESSAGE THAT YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN AUTHORIZED.

I hope this helps. I have been trying for weeks to figure out how to solve this problem and for hours today. So I hope this solution will help those who have the problem I had with the Command+Shift+D not working.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I followed these instructions

Instructions from webpage: http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/error-e_act_not_ready.html

Issue

When you activate Adobe Digital Editions 2.0, you receive the error, "E_AUTH_NOT_READY."

Solution

This error occurs when the authorization information is damaged. Follow the below steps to rebuild the Activation file.

Mac OS

1. Open Adobe Digital Editions.

2. Press Command+Shift+D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.

3. Select Erase Authorization.

4. Click OK and Quit Adobe Digital Editions.

5. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion.

7. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

TOPICS
DRM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2015 Sep 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so for posting your quest!

I too had the same problem you did, not being able to reauthorize on a Macbook Pro with just keyboard commands.

So I followed your directions (thank you) and still could not reauthorize.  Grrr.

But I have a newer mac - a 2014 macbook pro running 10.10.1.  So I figured - maybe it needs a newer version of Digital Editions.  So I downloaded 4.5 - and it let me reauthorize with Adobe!

I still could not move the three library books I downloaded on the old authorization but, I downloaded a new one and = huzzah!  It let me copy to my nook.

Many thanks to you for helping me solve my problem : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2016 Oct 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. Skipping to step 5 worked for me too. I've been fighting this for a week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your clear explanations. I've been struggling with this for hours & hours... What you explained finally sorted the problem and worked for me.

Huge Blessings 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines