• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 6 - Skins

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2007 Jun 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with RH6 skins. This is a project that was converted from X5. The skin I am using does not show up on the Project tab under Skins, so I cannot edit it. I've tried to import the skin again, but it says it is already there, but it is not listed.

Any ideas on how I can get it to appear? Is there a RH generated file I can delete and then regenerate? I have even tried creating a copy of the skin , renaming it, and importing the new name. That one does not show up either.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Mary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mary,

Two possibilities come to mind - but hopefully Rick will pipe in with more ideas when he awakes.

I'm guessing you took a copy of your project before opening it in RH6? Did you also copy the !SkinSubFolder! ? All the skins including you custom skins should be in this folder. If not, you can copy the missing skin to the appropriate folder.

Secondly, you can open up the rhskins.apj file in notepad. Check whether your missing skin is listed in the file?

Let us know how you get on
Kind Regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I made a copy of the folder before converting, which included the !SkinSubFolder! No, the missing skin is not listed in the rhskins.apj file. It does not appear under Skins on the project tab either. I just tried to import it again and it says it is already in the project.

However, I did find a work around - I renamed the subskin folder as well as the skin in that folder. I moved the folder outside of the project folder and imported the new skin without a problem. It is now listed under the new skin name.

I still do not have a clue as to what the problem is with the previous skin, but I really don't care at this point:) It is hiding in there somewhere.

Thanks for your help.
Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Mary,

Seems like the rhskins.apj file got its knickers in a twist during the conversion. Glad you found a fix without fiddling with the file. Please come back if you have any more problems.

Kind Regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp