Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Listbox does not work on Windows 8 - bug submitted

Advocate ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have been working on Windows 7 and never found any problems with list boxes in dialogs, until I ran the same script on another machine that had Windows 8.1 installed. None of the list items appears in the list box there and there is no way to work around the issue. I have submitted this bug and will report here if there is a solution. It might take a patch to get this nasty bug solved. I did not test it in any of the other Adobe application that use ExtendScript with the same ScriptUI.

Just be aware that list boxes will not work on Windows 8.1 for the time being.

Kind regards

Jang

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jang,

I'm working with lots of listboxes on Windows 8.1 (worked on W7 before and created my scripts there), but I never was faced with that problem.

Did you test this on just ONE PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, tried a couple of PCs, also tried it on a Windows 10 Preview. Same result on all non-W7 PCs. Nothing in the list box. Don't know what is going on and hope to get some answers from Adobe sooner or later. For the moment I am very cautious about using list boxes in ExtendScript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jang,

I have the some problem with listboxes. Have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jang

Don´t put them inside a tabbed panel (or use a list box iniside a panel inside a tabbed panel). It seems that the problem is the tabbed panel, the rest of my list boxes are working well.

Regards,

Santi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution for using ListBox controls on Windows 8.1 is to use a container control, such as a Group (and presumably a Panel).  So the resource string and the code based equivalent shown below both work.  My colleague found this article that provided the clue

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/553949?tstart=0. Interestingly the ListBox without a container worked perfectly on Photoshop, maybe because UI elements are created and managed by the Flash Player according to the readme.

var res =

"dialog {\

properties:{ resizeable:true },\

orientation:'column', spacing:2, margins:2,\

listGrp: Group { orientation:'stack', alignment:['fill','fill'],\

cmdsLb: ListBox {\

properties:{numberOfColumns: 2, showHeaders:true, \

columnTitles: ['Description', 'Shortcut'], columnWidths:[100,200]}\

},\

applyBtn: Button {\

text:'Apply', alignment:['fill','bottom'] } } ,\

}"; 

var win = new Window ("dialog", "Test ListBox", undefined, {resizeable:true, orientation:"column", spacing:2, margins:2});

win.listGrp = win.add("group", undefined, undefined);

win.listGrp.orientation = 'stack';

win.listGrp.alignment = ['fill','fill'];

win.listGrp.cmdsLb = win.listGrp.add("listbox", undefined, undefined, {numberOfColumns: 2, showHeaders: true, columnTitles: ['Description', 'Shortcut'], columnWidths: [100,200]});

win.listGrp.applyBtn = win.listGrp.add('button', undefined, 'Apply');

win.listGrp.applyBtn.alignment = ['fill','bottom'];

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem also occurs in Panel and TabPanel. Adding a Group first, solves this Problem.

Thx. Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines