• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to record as one slide?

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2008 Feb 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do a full motion capture for a software demo. I have recorded the audio separately and now want to record the demo to go along with the audio. When I record in full motion, it automatically creates slides, then when I import my audio, it breaks up the audio across all my slides. This is very annoying because it's very hard to line up the audio with the video, then making changes later is a major pain.
I just want one long slide for my entire recording. How can I do this?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2008 Feb 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi elektrobank and welcome to our community

You might wish to investigate the following Developer Center Article link:

Click here

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 14, 2008 Feb 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I have the same question as elecktrobank, but do not find the Developer article referenced very helpful. Migrating from another flash-based program, I would like to see one timeline for all my slides so as to share elements. I might have missed something in Help; instead of one slide, is there a way to easily edit slides in Captivate so as to have elements span across several slides? (right now I am cutting/pasting/adjusting properties).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 19, 2008 Feb 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

elektrobank:

Maybe I found an answer for us. If you go into Edit>Preferences and click the Category Project>Settings, the first setting is for Slide Duration, and it doesn't seem to have a limit. However, I bet if you go more than 5 min. you might loose quality. In any case, I'm going to try it to see if I get the results I desire.

Pls. post if you have success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2008 Feb 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Tech4Learng
elektrobank:

Maybe I found an answer for us. If you go into Edit>Preferences and click the Category Project>Settings, the first setting is for Slide Duration, and it doesn't seem to have a limit. However, I bet if you go more than 5 min. you might loose quality. In any case, I'm going to try it to see if I get the results I desire.

Pls. post if you have success.

In my case this didn't help.... HOWEVER!!!

what did help, was changing the SWF conversion:

Edit -> Preferences -> Full Motion Recording -> SWF conversion

Change this to 16 Bit and the recording over 3 seconds will still be put into one slide...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2008 Feb 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Parsch:

My original suggestion of changing Slide Duration did NOT do the trick, but YES... Parsch's suggestion of changing the SWF conversion to 16 bit DID THE TRICK!! However, just remember it must be Full Motion Recording.

Thanks much! Now, if only I can get an answer to this problem: Upon playback, only captions display
🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2008 Feb 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tech4Learng,

please post if what you've tried helpen... I'm working on several software simulations and I'm stuck with the same issue....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources