• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With Adobe v7 you were able to modify the quiz response text boxes with customized text for each quiz slide.

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Adobe [Presenter] v7 you were able to modify the quiz response text boxes with customized text for each quiz slide.  Now with Adobe [Presenter] 9, that text is set back to the default text anytime you modify the quiz.   We worked with Support and were told that is expected behavior.  We would like to have it changed to where customized text can be added to each quiz response text boxes.  Is this possible

Message was edited by: Jorma Jennings

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see that listed in the known issues for Adobe Presenter 9, Top issues | Adobe Presenter 9, but that isn't to say it wasn't an issue. I tested replacing the default text in Presenter 8 and 10 (I don't have 9) and it works fine in both of those versions. I recall this was an issue in the early releases of Presenter 7 but was resolved long ago. Can you verify that your workflow is similar to this?

• Launch Quiz Manager
  • Create a graded question
  • Click OK out of the Quiz Manager and have the question slide generated
  • Select the Correct or Incorrect feed back text box
  • Modify the text as desired

Using these steps the custom text is retained, even if the Quiz Manager tool is accessed again later (which is what would cause the text to reset in most cases if it were to happen).

Oh, and I believe support is wrong in telling you it is expected behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our workflow was exactly like yours except when we went back into Quiz Manager, the customized text was reset to the default.  Support worked with us and saw what was happening and even recreated it on their own versions.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like it is time to move to Presenter 11, that way you can get this functionality back.

Or, just don't go back into quiz manager!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I take it back. Presenter 10 does show that behaviour... not sure why I had it working before.

That is very frustrating. I think the best solution would be to use the Multiple choice question when ever possible and use the Advanced... button to give custom feed back for each possible answer. This is something that will be placed on the slide by Presenter, and it won't change/remove it whenever you go back into the Quiz Manager. You should even be able to modify the custom feed back messages on the PPT slide an Presenter should retain your changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources