Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Breadcrumbs not showing correct Home Page Name

Participant ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH2015 | WebHelp

I have a merged WebHelp system with a Breadcrumb placeholder in my master page. This all worked perfectly until I changed the Home Page Name from the default "Home". When I compile the parent and the child projects the breadcrumb still shows "Home" as the Home Page Name instead of the new name. After some investigation, I can see that when I compile the parent project it writes a file called MasterData_xml.js to each of the child projects. It's this file that still contains a reference to "Home":

gXMLBuffer ="<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>  <!--Automatically generated by RoboHTML. Should be present with merged project.-->  <MasterProject name=\"Online Help - ALB\" url=\"../../\"><Breadcrumbs><item name=\"Home\" url=\"Home.htm\"/></Breadcrumbs></MasterProject>";

Can anyone tell me how to force this .JS file to update or is it in fact a bug?

Thanks

Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Mmh. Can you try enabling the SSL option, renaming there and disabling again. Does that fix the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you change it? In the SSL settings? RH should check that for creating the MasterData file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, because I'm not applying the breadcrumbs in the SSL. I'm applying them via a master page, using the Breadcrumb placeholder. I've edited it by double-clicking the placeholder and changing it in the Breadcrumb Options dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmh. Can you try enabling the SSL option, renaming there and disabling again. Does that fix the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam you're a genius! That's fixed it.

Do you think it's a bug though? Would you expect the MasterData file to be updated when editing the Breadcrumb placeholder too?

Thanks

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I think it is a bug. When you are using the breadcrumb placeholder, I expect RH to use the settings from there for your breadcrumbs. But since the placeholder and the SSL variant use the exact same code, I think this was forgotten somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp