• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to this known issue in AIR 18? Was it fixed? (ASC 2.0, Type Coercion: 3578605)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In recent past, the three AIR 18 SDK release announcements documented a certain known issue:

• ASC2.0 compiled app reports a Type Coercion error with MovieClips in SWC (3578605)

( For reference: 6/9/2015 - Release - AIR 18 Runtime and SDK | 7/8/2015 - Release - AIR 18 Runtime and SDK | 8/11/2015 - Release - AIR 18 Runtime and SDK )

Last week, in the AIR 19 SDK announcement (9/21/2015 - Release - AIR 19 Runtime and SDK) there is no mention of whether this is still a known issue or a fixed one.  This was a hard-to-test issue, and it would be good to know whether Adobe believes this issue has now been addressed. (And/Or ... if anyone else in the community has evidence to suggest this was fixed, that would also be great to know!)

Also, it would be helpful if someone could tell me whether this internal bug in question (3578605), maps to this public one: Bug#3562040 - ASC 2.0 compiled app report Type Coercion crashes with MovieClips in SWC

Thanks,

Russell

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Hi Russell,

This is still a known issue and one I'm advocating for.  We had security mitigation's (in other areas) that took priority over this in our recent releases.  It's set open/tofix in our bug database with a 4/4 priority and severity (highest) and I'm hoping we can get back to it again soon.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Russell,

This is still a known issue and one I'm advocating for.  We had security mitigation's (in other areas) that took priority over this in our recent releases.  It's set open/tofix in our bug database with a 4/4 priority and severity (highest) and I'm hoping we can get back to it again soon.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update. This is a juicy bug, and if I may suggest adding it back to the list of known issues on upcoming release notes.  (Or, better, the list of fixed ones )

Thanks,

Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines